Intermittent fasting

Options
Hey guys,
Who on here is doing intermittent fasting?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • agc4u
    agc4u Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did you do it for weightloss?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    agc4u wrote: »
    Did you do it for weightloss?

I do it because it suits my schedule and how I like to eat. I've done it during phases of loss, maintaining and gaining - eating calories appropriate for your goals is what matters, not a certain meal timing schedule. IF may make it easier for you to stick to your calorie deficit
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do 16.8 It fits into my day :)
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do, just started a few days ago, and it makes staying in my calorie goal soon much easier and I already have no urge to eat outside those hours because I know that soon I'll be able to eat
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I do it for scheduling purposes as well. Fits in my day easier.
  • joannenext50
    joannenext50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it out today.
  • agc4u
    Options
    I done 28 days on it with no excercise and lost 13lbs but I'm finding it really hard to get back into it and now I do shift work. I'm wondering if just eating calories throughout the day would work instead of IF.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I done 28 days on it with no excercise and lost 13lbs but I'm finding it really hard to get back into it and now I do shift work. I'm wondering if just eating calories throughout the day would work instead of IF.

Yes. It's calories that matter, not meal timing.
  • agc4u
    Options
    So true. Every time I have breakfast I eat all day but when I do IF I hardly eat. I don't really wanna do IF because it won't be my lifestyle forever but it really helps with food control. I'm so fed up
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    @misshellybell - some answers to your post :)
  • aseymour7
    aseymour7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing intermittent fasting. I'm doing the 16/8. The thing that sold me on it was to understand that it was much harder in theory than in practice. Once I did it the first day, I realized how much clearer and sharper I felt. I am super flipping hungry by lunchtime, but I like the idea that my body has been burning fat all morning. I stopped doing it over the summer, but am starting again this week.
  • agc4u
    Options
    Oh cool. Did you gain any weight back or did you eat the same amount of calories throughout the break?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Oh cool. Did you gain any weight back or did you eat the same amount of calories throughout the break?

Who are you talking to? (there is a quote button - it will make it easier to follow conversations)
  • agc4u
    Options

Who are you talking to? (there is a quote button - it will make it easier to follow conversations)

You can tell I'm new here. First log after how many years
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    So true. Every time I have breakfast I eat all day but when I do IF I hardly eat. I don't really wanna do IF because it won't be my lifestyle forever but it really helps with food control. I'm so fed up

So if eating breakfast makes you hungry and eat more (it does to me as well), why not make IF a permanent change? It seems like it's helped a great deal with something that is a problem for you. Why change what is working? What makes you think IF isn't a long term schedule?
  • agc4u
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

So if eating breakfast makes you hungry and eat more (it does to me as well), why not make IF a permanent change? It seems like it's helped a great deal with something that is a problem for you. Why change what is working? What makes you think IF isn't a long term schedule?

Because I'm too greedy and give up real easily plus when I'm on holiday that free inclusive food can't always go to waste. GREED
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

Because I'm too greedy and give up real easily plus when I'm on holiday that free inclusive food can't always go to waste. GREED

Well that sounds like a problem you would face whether you did IF or not
  • agc4u
    Options

Well that sounds like a problem you would face whether you did IF or not

Exactly