Barre class

Options
When I try to log my barre class in the exercise calendar I can't find it. I've been logging it as Pilates - is that the best option?

Replies

• jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Do you use a watch with a HR monitor? I used to just enter it in manually at take a wild guess, but when my Garmin running watch died I decided to go with a watch with a HR monitor so that I could get a better idea about calorie burn. A typical Pure Barre class for me can run anywhere from 300-450 calories, depending on what we do an how much effort I put forth. If I enter 55 minutes of Pilates it's less than 200 cals, so that may be a good conservative estimate (probably pretty low) if you don't have a HR monitor.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i'd log it as pilates. I don't do barre much though.
  • lickycat
    lickycat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guess I'll keep logging it as Pilates until they add barre into their system.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    jesguinn wrote: »
    Do you use a watch with a HR monitor? I used to just enter it in manually at take a wild guess, but when my Garmin running watch died I decided to go with a watch with a HR monitor so that I could get a better idea about calorie burn. A typical Pure Barre class for me can run anywhere from 300-450 calories, depending on what we do an how much effort I put forth. If I enter 55 minutes of Pilates it's less than 200 cals, so that may be a good conservative estimate (probably pretty low) if you don't have a HR monitor.

You are overestimating the calories burned doing barre exercises. HR monitors are not good for that kind of activity.