This isn't realistic

Options
I started Strong Curves yesterday and it went okay. Now I am supposed to do workout B today. I was just looking over it and I don't think this is logistically feasible. The first two sets, you are supposed to do a "Bodyweight foot elevated single-leg glute bridge" for one set and then immediately go into a "Front lat pulldown" for one set, then rest and repeat. Am I actually supposed to lay down on the floor in the middle of the gym? The machines aren't near the mats or the benches. Am I supposed to trek across the room to the benches, which are probably in use and don't have any mats around them, and lay down on the floor and then run back across the gym to the machines where someone has probably started using the machine I just left and then back and forth again?

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You can or you can just not super set the exercises if that's not comfortable for you. Also, aren't you supposed to take a rest day in between?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    drag a mat there if room allows.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

yes...lay down on the ground and use the seat on the lat pull machine...otherwise just forgo the whole super set thing and do the exercises independently.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The_Weaze wrote: »
    You can or you can just not super set the exercises if that's not comfortable for you. Also, aren't you supposed to take a rest day in between?

The guide shows A, B, rest day, C, A
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

The workouts can be done back to back.

Also I agree if super setting doesn't work, you don't have to do it.. so performing straight sets with rest in between is fine. I have a home gym and because of the amount of equipment shuffling I typically don't bother.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Also I agree if super setting doesn't work, you don't have to do it.. so performing straight sets with rest in between is fine. I have a home gym and because of the amount of equipment shuffling I typically don't bother.

I am a supersetting maniac at home :blush: When I did Strong Curves, I did at least one day at a gym but it was early enough that the room was pretty empty. I think I may have switched around a few of the exercises because I seem to remember doing step ups between sets on lat pulldown.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

I am a supersetting maniac at home :blush: When I did Strong Curves, I did at least one day at a gym but it was early enough that the room was pretty empty. I think I may have switched around a few of the exercises because I seem to remember doing step ups between sets on lat pulldown.

Haha. I mean I try, but if I have my bar set up, I can't do much else! My gym is so tiny... it's like Tetris, and it gets too crazy so in the end I gave up. Get Glutes has some supersets, but it's usually at the end with band stuff so I am able to do it no problem.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OP, if you have the book (and you really should, it's worth the money), there's a great index that reviews each exercise and helps you make substitutions.

I do have the book. I took it with me yesterday to the gym. I felt kind of silly sitting there reading it, but I my memory is pretty bad and I have no idea how to do any of these exercises.
  • Strong_Savannah
    Strong_Savannah Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OP, I am currently doing StrongCurves also, and I thought the same thing as you in the beginning. I used the seat on the pulldown machine to prop my heel on for those bridges and brought a mat for underneath me. Yes, I did feel very strange at first because I had never done most of Bret's exercises before and like everyone was staring at me. As I have progressed, I have not supersetted everything as Bret says, mostly because I don't like to occupy 2 machines/equipment at once if the gym is busy and if they are not near each other. I usually will flip exercises and pair them by which would be more convenient to do together - A1 & B2 rather than A's and B's together.