Boneless Skin Less Chicken Breast

Options
Anyone have a good recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast? I have run out of things to cook.:yawn:

Replies

• mburris
    Options
    Anyone have a good recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast? I have run out of things to cook.:yawn:
  • mdebroy
    Options
    Actually I do for chicken Parmesan. Take chicken breasts and drag in flour with italian spices(don't add extra salt because the cheese makes it salty enough). Then drag through egg. Next drag through parmesan cheese. Place in oven at 400 for 20 mins. Take out of oven and place 1 tbsp of tomato sauce on each and some shredded part skim mozzarella cheese and place back in oven for 5 minutes. Serve with spaghetti and sauce on the side or sweet potato fries. Tastes fantastic and the chicken doesn't get dried out. I can't remember the calories but you can find places online where you can enter the recipe and they will give you the calorie count.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just made chicken tacos -

cover 4-5 frozen chicken breasts with 1 packet of taco seasoning, add 1 cup (or a little more) taco sauce - cook on high 4 hrs or low for 7-8 , shred and put back in the crock pot. I made a taco one night and a quesadilla last night.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

cover 4-5 frozen chicken breasts with 1 packet of taco seasoning, add 1 cup (or a little more) taco sauce - cook on high 4 hrs or low for 7-8 , shred and put back in the crock pot. I made a taco one night and a quesadilla last night.

I do almost the same thing but with 2 cans of Rotel and packet of taco seasoning (for about 1.5 - 2 pounds of meat) cook it all day - it's yummy my whole family loved it. I don't care for the smell but taste is much better.

Also try the spicy honey glazed chicken thigh recipe on here using breasts - it's so good!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Actually I do for chicken Parmesan. Take chicken breasts and drag in flour with italian spices(don't add extra salt because the cheese makes it salty enough). Then drag through egg. Next drag through parmesan cheese.

Your "dragging" made me smile.....:bigsmile:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Honey "Fried" Chicken:
    butterfly 4oz chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper. Brush each breast with dijon mustard, enough to coat both sides. Dip in seasoned bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, then spray chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 450. Honey sauce for drizzling or dipping: wisk 1/4 cup honey and 2tbs chicken broth together. Serve with 8 small red potatoes quartered, coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper ( I use seasoned salt) and microwaved 5 minutes or till done, and with steamed brocoli. 396 calories for 1 chicken breast, 2 tbs sauce, 8 potato pieces, 1/2 brocoli. From Shape mag.

Pollo Relleno
    1 lb chicken breast pounded to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper. Place half of a green chili and a piece of a monterey jack cheese cut into a stick, plus some red chili flakes on each breast. Roll up jelly roll style and secure with toothpicks. dip in egg, then into mixture of bread crumbs and taco seasoning (to taste). Bake at 375 for about half an hour or till done. Serve with some spanish rice. About 26o cal per chicken breast.

Crock pot recipe:
    Place 1 lb chicken breast in a 4 qt crock pot. Sprinkle with garlic powder and 1 envelope dry onion soup mix. Add 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup italian dressing. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Not sure on exact calories on this one.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Use Grated Parmesan Cheese (the stuff in the bottle) in place of bread crumbs or flour. Either bake or cook in a skillet. If you have ever had the Parmesan crusted Tilapia at Olive Garden you will appreciate this.

My favorite is to stuff a breast with spinach and Riccota made from skim. I marinate chicken in lo-cal italian dressing for a while. Sometime I will add crabmeat or Shrimp to the stuffing.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    take 4 large chicken breasts (boneless skinless of course) cut each breast in half and put into slow cooker. Pour on 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce of your choice. Cover chicken and tomato sauce with one large can of spicy diced tomatos (hunts makes a good one). Cut up two jalapeno peppers and include all seeds as well and put these on top of everything. Add italian seasoning and course black pepper on top. Cook on low setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. About 15 minutes before everything is done dump in two cups of minute rice (I use the whole grain brown) and when the rice is done the meal is ready. This will serve between 5-6 people or it makes a bunch of really great lunches. I dont have the nutritional info but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I made chicken fingers for bf and I on superbowl Sunday. Make 1/2 inch slices, dip in egg beater and drag to quote from an awesome recipe(:laugh: ) through crushed fiber one cereal to coat. Bake on 400 for till no longer pink. Makes the house smell yummy!:bigsmile:
  • adow
    adow Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started using ground chicken breast meat for tacos. It is yummy!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I just started using ground chicken breast meat for tacos. It is yummy!

yes, I used ground chicken (4oz per) to make chicken burgers, oatmeal in place of breadcrumbs. onions, red peppers, mushrooms, spinach (canned no salt) with a tablespoon of egg beaters and some worstershire.. They rock.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I cut them into big chunks and sautee them in red wine vinegar with other veggies.

It's really good!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I cut the chicken breasts into chunks, shake and bake them with the extra crispy shake and bake, yummy nuggets, and they taste soooo good in my lunch in a wrap with a ton of veggies and honey mustard sauce the next day.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I have this in the crock pot right now and OMG it smells like heaven!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    brown the chicken in chunks, add large tin of tomato pieces, small tin tomato paste, and a heaping tbsp of mild curry paste. I add a can of chick peas (drained), cauliflower florets)----you can make a scratch chicken curry but the paste is really fast.

instead of tomato I will use can of lite coconut milk---YUM!!!

And you don't need to serve it over rice---OK on it's own without the 250 extra calories.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have them in my oven right now.... precooked, dipped in tomato sauce with a slice of mozzarella melting on top. I will be serving these with Smart Taste pasta on the side.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry. :frown:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Fajitas!! Cut up the chicken and cook in a skillet with a little EVOO. Add green peppers and onions. Wrap it up with some salsa, lite cheddar cheese, and lite or fat free sour cream. I also love adding some hot sauce to it.:smooched: My favorite!:bigsmile:
  • nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Slice the chicken into narrow slices and stir fry with lots and lots of veggies. (broccoli, celery, carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts) add a seasoning mix (asian food aisle). You'll get the protein and lots of veggies and serve over brown rice. I'm addicted to it!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Actually I do for chicken Parmesan. Take chicken breasts and drag in flour with italian spices(don't add extra salt because the cheese makes it salty enough). Then drag through egg. Next drag through parmesan cheese. Place in oven at 400 for 20 mins. Take out of oven and place 1 tbsp of tomato sauce on each and some shredded part skim mozzarella cheese and place back in oven for 5 minutes. Serve with spaghetti and sauce on the side or sweet potato fries. Tastes fantastic and the chicken doesn't get dried out. I can't remember the calories but you can find places online where you can enter the recipe and they will give you the calorie count.

I had a hard time following your directions. It sounds really nummy thought. Do you have a precise recipe by chance?