What to eat purely for vanity

Options
2»

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Well hydrated skin is beautiful and healthy.

Reduce alcohol, pasta, Pizza, fast food. All of that increases bloating and might cause acne. Some people have pimples from chocolates too so stay away if it's your case.

Lots of fish, sea food, veggies, salads, spinach. Beets are my favorites for digestion needs. Natural yogurt too if you're ok with dairy.

I'm going to Côte D'Azur in a week so im following this plan now.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that carbs & sodium affect me worse after I was otherwise restricting them. If your vacation food choices are anything like mine, limiting potential bloating foods before I went would mean blowing up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Float on vacation. Like if I'm eating quite a bit of sodium on a regular basis, having a big sodium bomb of a meal doesn't seem to affect me. But when I was trying to keep my sodium under 1500, I'd gain 8 pounds overnight from shrimp alfredo.

Or in other words, don't fix what isn't broken. ;)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Nothing on the EARTH bloats me like broccoli so I wouldn't recommend eating it.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Oh but that's so boring! :D

Boring is the key to winning
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    Baby seal tears and chalk.

Seriously, enjoy your holiday.

Duh, baby seal tears are high in sodium. Do you WANT her to bloat??

The minerals in the chalk cancel out the sodium and prevent any bloating, but only if the chalk is organic and if it's consumed with ACV. It's scientifically proven.

It is known, Khaleesi
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This discussion not only made me laugh but I did learn something, so thanks!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    For me if it's vanity and I just want a flatter stomach (my trouble area) I drop carbs down for a bit.