Does everyone need a personal/specific diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    What does your doctor have against cows?!

It seems he doesn't have anything against cows but rather for cows... you know, staying alive and such...

Good thing all dairy products come from alive cows. :p
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful! :) I'm going to try my best and just count calories and stay away from obvious empty calories like sweets. I'm also starting a cardio class at school at the end of August so I'll be adding that into my diet as well! I'm just so anxious to see it all come off but I'm well aware of how long it took to put on so it'll be even harder to lose it all. But I know I can do it I'm doing it in my pace and a healthy way rather than the fiascos I did when I was younger. Wish me luck everyone and I know you'll all succeed with your goals as well :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful! :) I'm going to try my best and just count calories and stay away from obvious empty calories like sweets. I'm also starting a cardio class at school at the end of August so I'll be adding that into my diet as well! I'm just so anxious to see it all come off but I'm well aware of how long it took to put on so it'll be even harder to lose it all. But I know I can do it I'm doing it in my pace and a healthy way rather than the fiascos I did when I was younger. Wish me luck everyone and I know you'll all succeed with your goals as well :)

You might want to consider some resistance training. This way you work both your cardiovascular and muscular/skeletal systems.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

You might want to consider some resistance training. This way you work both your cardiovascular and muscular/skeletal systems.

This. When you lose weight you will be losing both fat and muscle. Muscle takes a very long time to build, especially for women. So you want to protect what you already have, and resistance training will help you do that, otherwise you will find yourself weaker on the otherside of your weight loss. If that doesn't bother you then carry on, no need to worry about it. You don't even have to lift weights if that doesn't appeal to you. Yoga, rock climbing or something similar will suffice. The university I attended had free non curriculum yoga classes for students several times a week. There are also usually clubs and such. I second a previous poster who suggested checking out your university's gym so see what your options are.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like at a calorie deficit. You don't need any special foods or fancy plans. Don't over complicate it.

This really needs to be pinned and auto replied to just about every post that gets made here. People make all this far too complicated. Today I'll have eaten tacos, a burger and even ice cream later tonight. All in proper measured out portions. You should have meals every day that you're excited about.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

This. When you lose weight you will be losing both fat and muscle. Muscle takes a very long time to build, especially for women. So you want to protect what you already have, and resistance training will help you do that, otherwise you will find yourself weaker on the otherside of your weight loss. If that doesn't bother you then carry on, no need to worry about it. You don't even have to lift weights if that doesn't appeal to you. Yoga, rock climbing or something similar will suffice. The university I attended had free non curriculum yoga classes for students several times a week. There are also usually clubs and such. I second a previous poster who suggested checking out your university's gym so see what your options are.

Yeah I'm definitely going to add yoga into my schedule. Thanks for the advice :)