• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Yes, Louise, the socks.

Rhymes with sock?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have a few cringe worthy moments/memories. I'll start with my earliest.

My friends and I decided to flash the boys who lived next door to her.
    2 of those boys became my brothers best friends and over 20 years later I still see them on occasion.
    I had forgotten about it until recently.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,494 Member
    Options
    What's the most cringeworthy thing you've ever done to impress someone you were interested in? What's the worst thing someone has done to impress you? Did it work?

When I was 17, I was at a pool party with a guy I was really crushing on. I decided it was going to be so impressive to dive into the pool and showcase how great of a swimmer I was? I don't know. In any case, I dove in, hit the bottom like a rock with my chin. When I came up for air there was no skin left on my chin and I'm bleeding all into the water like a monster. People were freaking out because the water was making it look like there was so much more blood than there really was. Pretty much killed the party and humiliated myself at the same time. Not to mention the fact that there was no way to hide it so I had to relive it every time someone asked about my chin while it took its sweet time healing. I did marry him a few years later so I guess it worked. I still cringe when I think back on it.

What's your story?
    This is a romantic story. Are you still married to him?

No, actually. Turns out he had an affinity for penis sooooo...

.... so that's a deal breaker for you, huh?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I won't name any one specific thing, but when I was younger I was incredibly awkward around girls. I can't count the times my mouth formed words that I listened to in horror, or how I tripped over my feet, or walked into a vending machine. .
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    What's the most cringeworthy thing you've ever done to impress someone you were interested in? What's the worst thing someone has done to impress you? Did it work?

When I was 17, I was at a pool party with a guy I was really crushing on. I decided it was going to be so impressive to dive into the pool and showcase how great of a swimmer I was? I don't know. In any case, I dove in, hit the bottom like a rock with my chin. When I came up for air there was no skin left on my chin and I'm bleeding all into the water like a monster. People were freaking out because the water was making it look like there was so much more blood than there really was. Pretty much killed the party and humiliated myself at the same time. Not to mention the fact that there was no way to hide it so I had to relive it every time someone asked about my chin while it took its sweet time healing. I did marry him a few years later so I guess it worked. I still cringe when I think back on it.

What's your story?

Did this affinity develop before or after you all got married. Kinda need to know what I'm getting into here.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

What's your story?

So wait, your top didn't come off during your dive?

What a waste of story.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

What's your story?

Did this affinity develop before or after you all got married. Kinda need to know what I'm getting into here.

Honestly, I think the warning signs were always there I just chose to ignore them.

I think we've all been there friend.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's so much trying to "impress" as trying to fit in but when I worked with a bunch of girls they were all friends and always talk about the show Gilmore Girls. They would have parties around it and everything. I never watched it so I tried watching and it was so bad I cried because I hated it.

Must have been a bad VHS tape you had.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

What's your story?

Honestly, I think the warning signs were always there I just chose to ignore them.

I think we've all been there friend.

Some of us more than once. :|
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Oh god, this thread brings back memories of "the incident" in 7th grade. Yeah, I'm out. There's not enough internet to hold all of that cringe or the aftermath...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,494 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

What's your story?

Did he also have an affinity for socks or lifting in Rugby shirts that don't fit?

oh.... oh my goodness.
  • PeteG7606
    PeteG7606 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cant beat that. Sorry.

Great. Yet another bad thing I excel at.

Lmao!!
  • AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't know if it's so much trying to "impress" as trying to fit in but when I worked with a bunch of girls they were all friends and always talk about the show Gilmore Girls. They would have parties around it and everything. I never watched it so I tried watching and it was so bad I cried because I hated it.

Is it even more cringy to admit that I watched this show from my own volition, and loved it ? Lorelai and Rory are so great :D And what if I say that I watched it more than a couple of times from start to finish ?