Cauliflower Pizza

Options
So Ive recently began experimenting with healthier recipes for some of my favorite meals...pizza being 1 of them. Found a recipe for cauliflower pizza and its the bomb (and drastically reduced in calories from your normal pizza). Has anyone else tried it? Ive been informing everyone i know lol...you must try!

Replies

• atlchell3200
    atlchell3200 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Google your own cauliflower pizza recipe or try Dr. Berg's...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower crust! Lots of folks complain that if it's not wheat flour, it's not a crust, but pftftftfffttt. Good stuff! (There are lots of posts with recipes for cauliflower and other vegetable crusts, if you want more ideas do a search here.)
  • deekayg
    deekayg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower!
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/237987161540965089/
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    TIME CONSUMING. It's just food for crying out loud. If it takes longer to make it than to eat it, it simply is not worth it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    TIME CONSUMING. It's just food for crying out loud. If it takes longer to make it than to eat it, it simply is not worth it.

That wouldn't leave me much I could eat.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower bhaji, cauliflower cous cous, cauliflower everything almost but that is not a pizza.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Haha most things take me longer to make than to eat. I can cook dinner in 20-60 minutes depending on what it is. I'm done eating in like 10 minutes.

BUT, the main reason I haven't tried cauliflower pizza crust is because it sounds annoying and time consuming. Someone mentioned in another thread that they sell pre made ones at Trader Joe's.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Is this it?
    http://www.loperliving.com/2016/09/28/dr-bergs-cauliflower-crust-pizza/

It doesn't say how big the pizza is but that is more calories than the 12 in pizza I typically make.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza is surprisingly good (and this is coming from a pizza freak). I didn't try because of any particular health reason, my SO just said it looked interesting so we gave it a shot. It's actually not that hard to make if you use the bagged pre-riced cauliflower from most supermarkets. Saves a ton of prep time and clean up.

One note about calories...many recipes have you add a soft cheese and an egg as a binder to the cauliflower. While it ends up tasting delicious, it's not actually all that much lower in calories than a regular thin pizza crust. In reality, the biggest contributors to calories in pizza are the toppings and sauce (usually contains a motherlode of olive oil).

A quick tip...if your cauliflower crust doesn't come out quite right after the first bake (too thin, too floppy, too crumbly, etc.) then you can use it like a lasagna noodle instead of a pizza crust. Cut the crust into strips/squares, layer them with the same things you were going to use to make the pizza (plus some ricotta or cottage cheese for creaminess), and then bake for 15-20 minutes to melt everything together. It will still come out delicious.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    My Go-to is roast garlic and mozzarela for a white pizza. Sprinkle with some red pepper flakes to jazz it up