Let the Rebuild Begin

Options
Good Morning Pals!
Looks like it's going to be another gorgeous day here in beautiful Surf City, USA; Carlsbad, Southern California.

As I've reported, after approximately six months of dealing with episodes from Cardiomyopathy, my Mitral Valve has been repaired and I'm ready to return to my training routine. After six months off, I have suffered some MAJOR Muscle Wasting. For example, I've lost nearly 20% of my muscle mass. Approximately 3" in each arm and 2" in each set of quads. Last year, I had a report published, "Muscle Memory, Real or Myth…Muscle Cell Mitochondria and ATP Synthesis as related to Muscle Wasting." Following my own experience with wasting, this will present the perfect real-time lab. The exact numbers are as follows…

25 July. '17 Biometrics (Naval BCA)
Weight 173lb
PBF 14.2%
BMR 3,758 kCal (YEP, you read that correctly!)

SO, with combined BMR and training schedule, I'm approaching an almost 5,000 kCal/day average. Time to start scarfing some grimace proportions. I just have to be very careful that those calories are from plenty of protein, Healthy Carbs and Healthy Fats. That's where My Fitness Pal comes in EXTREMELY handy! As a Juvenile Diabetic, I also have to keep very close tabs on my Total Carbs. So again, MFP is a valuable asset!

Attached Photo:
As a part of my, three times weekly, HIIT Routine, I stop for periodic sets of push-ups, TRX Training. Etc. Here you see the midway point of my three mile run where we climb up to an Amtrak/San Diego to L.A. Commuter rail overpass to drop and give twenty. We call this "Banging The Rails." Yesterday, I pumped out 120 reps over the 45 minutes run. Not too bad for a 57yo guy who's three and a half weeks, post heart surgery. Only, as you can see, I have some very serious building to do. It's embarrassing how my legs, shoulders and arms have died up. If I were 15, my Biceps would be very respectable; but unfortunately, I'm a couple years past 15!

Replies

• PXMike
    PXMike Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    com2x2wbks3z.jpg
  • JackieMaughan
    JackieMaughan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a couple of new friends who are serious about fitness but are also well informed and not Trump supporters. I am also not into sexting or exchanging pix of intimate body parts. (Yes, it has been a problem.) I don't have a lot of friends and that is intentional. I like a wide range of ages, nationalities, and occupations.
    I hope to hear from you for mutual support and occasional conversation
    Jackie
  • JackieMaughan
    JackieMaughan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had my hip replaced and broke my femur. I am dying to get back in the gym.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Hey nice job man! You'll be right back there in no time!
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hope you get back to your fighting weight! Good Luck on the upside of this journey!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You looked ripped to me!! If this is you "wasted away" I can't imagine what you must have looked like last year. Nice going getting back on the horse!!!