Pregnancy

Options
Hello everyone, so I have a question or concern with the topic of pregnancy. Now I've been on my lifestyle change for a little o c.f. re a year and successfully lost a little over 30 lbs. Now it may be self centered or what have you, but my husband and I would love to have children, but I can't seem to get over the thought that all my years hard work would be ruined and I'll never get back to this body again after pregnancy. Can anyone whos gone through this help me? I knlw this probably seems self centered but i did put in a lot of work and obviously my child would be mlre important than what my body looks like, but would I be able to get back to this body? Thanks for any feedback. Cheers!

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    You are posting your question in the wrong forum. Try posting in the Motivation and Support section and you may get more answers.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    You are posting your question in the wrong forum. Try posting in the Motivation and Support section and you may get more answers.

I don't think posting this in the Motivation and Support section is the right section for her to be posting this...She isn't even asking anything about motivation OR support o.O She's asking a general question about weight loss and pregnancy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

I don't think posting this in the Motivation and Support section is the right section for her to be posting this...She isn't even asking anything about motivation OR support o.O She's asking a general question about weight loss and pregnancy

I believe it was initially in Feedback when Gisel posted. The mods have since moved it to General, which is the more appropriate place for it.
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and you won't gain loads of fat I'm assuming but you'll gain weight that's any pregnancy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sflann50 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, so I have a question or concern with the topic of pregnancy. Now I've been on my lifestyle change for a little o c.f. re a year and successfully lost a little over 30 lbs. Now it may be self centered or what have you, but my husband and I would love to have children, but I can't seem to get over the thought that all my years hard work would be ruined and I'll never get back to this body again after pregnancy. Can anyone whos gone through this help me? I knlw this probably seems self centered but i did put in a lot of work and obviously my child would be mlre important than what my body looks like, but would I be able to get back to this body? Thanks for any feedback. Cheers!

No-one can predict how much your body will change through and after pregnancy, sorry.
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have three kids. I gained a bunch after my second baby and then lost 40 lbs which got me to the lowest I'd ever been. Then I got pregnant with surprise baby #3! I was kind of frustrated since I was really happy with my weight but I was careful during my pregnancy and I didn't do too bad. Honestly, it's post pregnancy when I tend to gain weight. The pregnancy weight comes off pretty easy for me and I've typically be within 10 lbs of my prepretnancy weight a month or so after giving birth but it's been really hard for me to stay on track after that. I always end up gaining some back. So I'm finally back to my original weight after a year. I know I could have gotten here faster but I also didn't want to stress myself out with a new baby and all. Plus, that year really flew by!

It's different for everyone, but pregnancy shouldn't totally ruin you! You just need to be realistic and give yourself time to lose. You don't want to get so worked up that you don't enjoy your new baby. Becoming a mom is totally worth a little weight gain :)
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my pregnant body! I am the most confident and feel the most beautiful when I'm rocking a baby bump. I focussed on healthy choices to fuel myself and get Baby off to a great start. This had me gain 35ish pounds each time.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I only gained 12kg for the 42 weeks I was pregnant and I lost it all by the time I was 10 weeks post-partum. I'm now 3kg under my pre-pregnancy weight at 5.5 months post-partum. I'm eating a ton of food every day and I'm still losing weight, albeit very slowly.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is different from everyone. You won't know what it will do to your body until it happens.
    In my case, I was super healthy and actually underweight when I got pregnant. I ended up gaining 82 lbs ( I am 5'9), while working out every day and watching what I ate. Yet, within 6 months I was in my pre pregnancy clothes. My friend gained 40 lbs and it took her years.
    No matter what, having a healthy baby( for women that want babies) makes everything worth it a million times.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is different from everyone. You won't know what it will do to your body until it happens.
    In my case, I was super healthy and actually underweight when I got pregnant. I ended up gaining 82 lbs ( I am 5'9), while working out every day and watching what I ate. Yet, within 6 months I was in my pre pregnancy clothes. My friend gained 40 lbs and it took her years.
    No matter what, having a healthy baby( for women that want babies) makes everything worth it a million times.

This 1000X

I had 5 pregnancies and each one was different.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, every pregnancy is different. I have had no problem bouncing back after each pregnancy, however, it helps to be realistic...my body has changed and it took time to get back on track. Not to mention life with children has a completely new set of challenges and you will have to balance the needs of your family as well as yours. My body has not been ruined at all, if anything it looks even better than it did before.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy, I had nothing to do but take care of myself so I didn't gain too much weight and my body bounced back fairly fast because it was my first. With my next two pregnancies, I was very busy with little kids and used it as an excuse to eat too much. It took a long time for me to lose the weight after them, like 6 to 8 months. With my last pregnancy (baby is five weeks old right now), there were no excuses. I counted my calories and worked out every day and I actually lost fat in the long run, though I wasn't trying to do that. Now at one month postpartum, I have been at my pre-baby size for a few weeks now. I bounced back even faster than with number one. All that to say, The effort you put into it really matters. But you know what? I really don't think you'll regret it. There's just nothing like having children. I would gain 100 pounds for each of them if I had to.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    As mentioned, every pregnancy is different. I have had no problem bouncing back after each pregnancy, however, it helps to be realistic...my body has changed and it took time to get back on track. Not to mention life with children has a completely new set of challenges and you will have to balance the needs of your family as well as yours. My body has not been ruined at all, if anything it looks even better than it did before.

This.
    I look much better now than before pregnancy.
    I have to be honest though, boobs will never be the same...but who cares.