How long did it take you to lose 50lbs?

Options
Nads36
Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
Hi all....I started at 19st 5lbs (271lbs) and am currently 18st 5lbs (257lbs). I would like to lose another 50lbs, how long did it take you? What really helped your progress? Overall I want to lose 100lbs but will be happy to bag my first 50! I have a long journey...but it needs to be done.

Replies

• thetngonephyo1
    thetngonephyo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am ( 150 lb) and I also would like to lose 50 lb because I am short ( 155cm). Can you advise meal plan and work out that worked for you ?
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's great charlenechaz fantastic work! I think 11 months is sensible, more sustainable. Well done! Thanks I shall update my progress and one day I hope to be able come on here as a success story! ☺
  • thetngonephyo1
    thetngonephyo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 50 pounds in about 11 months. I've been taking it steady and went from just under 17 stone (233lbs) to just over 13 stone (183lbs) in that time. I have heard of people losing it in less time than this but as I said, I've taken it steady.

I am ( 150 lb) and I also would like to lose 50 lb because I am short ( 155cm). Can you advise meal plan and work out that worked for you ?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My Reports chart only goes back one year. It shows that on August 9 last year I weighed 208. I started January 25 2016 at 272.4, so I had lost a little more than 60 lb in 7.5 months. For the first few months it was dropping off at about 10-12 lb per month.
  • SammieCosme
    SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Took me 8 months to hit the 50lb mark.
  • margaritaonthrox
    margaritaonthrox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 60 lbs. I hit a plateau and got discouraged and in a matter of 2 months I gained half of it back!! Oops!! It's a daily struggle but I'm determined to accomplish my goals. Started at 268 on on 9/11/16, was at 208 on 1/15/17, today's weight is 235.8. My initial goal is to be at 199.9!!! Lol!! I was on a very low calorie diet and 3 times weekly weight training. I've increased the calories to a more reasonable level and am back to the 3 x week weight training sessions.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your losses so far! I went from 275 to 225 in about five months. The next 50 is coming off much slower.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 in about 9 months...
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs from Jan 1, 2016 to Jan 12, 2017. Call that a year. The first 9 months of that were strict CICO with grains, legumes and fruits. I switched to a low carb diet in October of 2016, and I have found that easier to do. I am not hungry all the time. I have lost about 45 lbs in the 10 months I have been following that WOE.

My goal from day one has been a pound loss per week, so I am more or less maintaining that pace. Cholesterol numbers have improved with the low carb and possibly the weight loss in general, and I have gone off my meds for it. I have a dr.'s appt. in September, and I am hoping BP will have dropped and I can go off the BP med too.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9" 61 yo female. I started my journey at 206 and lost 50 pounds in 126 days back in 2015.

I lost another 15 over 2016 but found I was too thin at 141. Since the end of 2016, I've worked at reintroducing foods, tweeking my intake, and, surprisingly, I took up running.

This year, I hover between 50 and 55 lost from my heaviest. I feel better at the lower weight, so now I'm focusing on keeping down and maybe losing 5. But this close to ideal, it's tough to lose. I need the energy to run, but I find I'm super hungry when I consistently eat more.

Overall though, I'm happy with my progress and results. B)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It took me around 5 months to lose the first 50lb, but I was 290lb. but the last 50lb I've lost has taken a year. It all depends how much you've got to lose. Now I've only got around 15lb to lose, I'm expecting it to take around 4-5 months.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Not quite a year. Had a "plateau" about every 10 lbs that took a while - and effort - to break through. Still going ...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!