working nights

Options
Hi my name is Marion and i'm a Marie Curie Nurse. I've been doing well with my fitbit mostly reaching my step target. When I work nights which is in no particular pattern i'm having trouble with reaching enough steps and also eating too many calories.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so cannot do lots of exercises I am now going to start Pilates again.
I'm going through menopause and the weight seems to be increasing.
Any advice on what to eat during the night when I'm at work, or exercise that might help me to control my weight would be good.

Replies

• 3QUI7I8RUM
    3QUI7I8RUM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work nights too... Recently I've gained 15lbs and trying to work them off. mostly by cutting down my calories... I'll eat half of a protein bar every 2 hours. And drink a strong coffee (think 4 shots) that helps my hunger.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I work rotating shift work from days to nights and nights to days so I feel your pain. Not so much with the menopause part. LOL. I found what helps me to stay focused is pre making my meals for the week and making the portions a little smaller so I eat more frequently but still get my total calories. It will keep your body fueled for shorter bursts of energy. When I really have a bad night I drink a lot of coffee but add sugar free creamer only and that seems to tide my sweet tooth and give a little extra bump in energy..