Intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    agc4u wrote: »
    I done 28 days on it with no excercise and lost 13lbs but I'm finding it really hard to get back into it and now I do shift work. I'm wondering if just eating calories throughout the day would work instead of IF.

I also do shift work(6pm-about 12a) but I do 16:8 and I can eat between 12p-8pm because that works for me
  • agc4u
    agc4u Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JustMe602 wrote: »
    I done 28 days on it with no excercise and lost 13lbs but I'm finding it really hard to get back into it and now I do shift work. I'm wondering if just eating calories throughout the day would work instead of IF.

I also do shift work(6pm-about 12a) but I do 16:8 and I can eat between 12p-8pm because that works for me

See my shifts start anywhere from 4am and can last up to 5pm. My eating window is 10-6pm so at least I can eat dinner with the family. I'm trying to go back to gym classes in the evening as well which start around 7pm.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Around 5 years here doing different IF protocols :)
  • misshellybell
    misshellybell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @misshellybell - some answers to your post :)
    thanks
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    JustMe602 wrote: »

See my shifts start anywhere from 4am and can last up to 5pm. My eating window is 10-6pm so at least I can eat dinner with the family. I'm trying to go back to gym classes in the evening as well which start around 7pm.

In the end, you need to do what is best for you, and what fits your schedule, something you can stick to
  • tashygolean730
    tashygolean730 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    aseymour7 wrote: »
    I'm doing intermittent fasting. I'm doing the 16/8. The thing that sold me on it was to understand that it was much harder in theory than in practice. Once I did it the first day, I realized how much clearer and sharper I felt. I am super flipping hungry by lunchtime, but I like the idea that my body has been burning fat all morning. I stopped doing it over the summer, but am starting again this week.

Your body is always burning and storing fat. IF is nothing more than a timing tool that allows people who enjoy bigger meals an easier means of adhering to their calorie goals. You don't burn extra fat during your fasting window. If weight loss is your goal, that comes strictly from the calorie deficit. People also use it to maintain and gain.