Major sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, I will try and control the portion. I tend to binge on sugary food, I just can't stop x

You can stop. It might be hard, especially at first, but you can do it. Just think about what you want in the long term.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    i've been falling back on some majorly disordered eating as of late too, mostly with sweets. super frustrating, and discouraging. :disappointed:
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I also have a major sweet tooth. Some things I keep around:

Dark chocolate
    Halo top
    Danon light & fit Greek yogurt (so sweet!)
    Fruit
    Sugar free cinnamon candies
    Gum

Fruit smoothies with yogurt are a favorite dessert option of mine.
  • Afitbeginning
    Afitbeginning Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips and advice! Xx
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound ridiculous but I am always low on calcium so I bought some of those chocolate chews that provide calcium. One of those in evenings hits the sweet tooth spot. Gummy multivitamin works for me too. There are arguments about the benefits (or lack of) for those kind of multivitamins, but it works for me!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    if you can make yourself go without sweets for a couple weeks, your tastes will change. Your cravings will go away, then when you eat something a little sweet, like blueberries, the sweetness will be delicious. but I think in your case you may allow yourself some sweet, and record it on MFP, work it into your day's food, this method is for those who feel not eating a treat will make the diet drudgery and you wont want to sustain it. so find a way you can eat the rest of your life, and if that includes a sweet treat, but your still losing weight, do that. but I have done the first method and it is the best for me. totally cured my cravings for sweets. I know though if I start eating it again, (the junk food) I will again crave it so much. so you have to find what works for you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    if you can make yourself go without sweets for a couple weeks, your tastes will change. Your cravings will go away, then when you eat something a little sweet, like blueberries, the sweetness will be delicious. but I think in your case you may allow yourself some sweet, and record it on MFP, work it into your day's food, this method is for those who feel not eating a treat will make the diet drudgery and you wont want to sustain it. so find a way you can eat the rest of your life, and if that includes a sweet treat, but your still losing weight, do that. but I have done the first method and it is the best for me. totally cured my cravings for sweets. I know though if I start eating it again, (the junk food) I will again crave it so much. so you have to find what works for you.

Nope.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Halo top
    Protein cheesecake

I have one or the other, sometimes both... For dessert every single night.

OP Here's the recipe i use for the cheesecake, except i swapped the cream cheese for cottage cheese. I use salted caramel protein powder.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Halo top
    Protein cheesecake

I still need to make a protein cheesecake.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, I will try and control the portion. I tend to binge on sugary food, I just can't stop x

Then I would suggest either getting single serve desserts/snacks

Example:

Buying either a single serve candy bar or King Size at the grocery store and fitting it in your calories that particular day.

Make a mug cake (tons of recipes online)

Or buy desserts/snacks that you can moderate

I've started to make protein ice cream on the days I work and on the days I have off I eat regular ice cream. Edy's Slow Churned flavors are good and the Pumpkin Patch flavor is 90 calories for 60 grams. Usually if my calories permit I'll have 4-5 servings.

My Grandma used to take graham crackers and Cool Whip and make a faux ice cream sandwich and then freeze it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Halo top
    Protein cheesecake

I hate time consuming baking, but this cheesecake takes minutes to put together. I can have the whole thing done and in the oven in under 10 minutes.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Then I would suggest either getting single serve desserts/snacks

Example:

Buying either a single serve candy bar or King Size at the grocery store and fitting it in your calories that particular day.

Make a mug cake (tons of recipes online)

Or buy desserts/snacks that you can moderate

I've started to make protein ice cream on the days I work and on the days I have off I eat regular ice cream. Edy's Slow Churned flavors are good and the Pumpkin Patch flavor is 90 calories for 60 grams. Usually if my calories permit I'll have 4-5 servings.

My Grandma used to take graham crackers and Cool Whip and make a faux ice cream sandwich and then freeze it.

When i was in college we would put the whole tub of Cool Whip in the freezer, it wouldn't freeze solid, but would be like a stiff frozen mousse consistency. It was cheap and low -cal :)

I also agree with single serving frozen treats, like fudgesicles or ice cream sandwiches - you can't mindlessly eat more than 1 serving!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Nope.

Nope meaning what?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Nope.

Nope meaning what?

I would think that she means that her taste buds changed after going without sweets for a few days or weeks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Nope.

Nope meaning what?

Nope meaning that the whole 'your taste buds will change' thing was a whole lot of BS as far as I'm concerned.
    Halo top
    Protein cheesecake

I hate time consuming baking, but this cheesecake takes minutes to put together. I can have the whole thing done and in the oven in under 10 minutes.

Yeah it's the 'watching the oven for 1.5 hour then having to wait until the cheesecake cools off' part that's a bit annoying, lol.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I found full bar help my chocolate fix and feel full don't know if they still sell them though. So I opt for a small size of something like a two pack of donuts, or the pieces they sell for 50 c of Lindt truffles or whatever. When u get to the place you can buy a bar of chocolate and not eat the whole thing or cookies have one serving. I have my husband hide Foods I might binge on if I'm in a uncontrollable mode with trigger type foods like Nutella, peAnut butter cookies or we won't buy for a little while.

I found if I put 1 tbsp on 1 tbsp jelly and 1/2 cup cottage cheese it hit sugar cravings too. And is filling. Or I buy the mini chocolate chips and sprinkle on pancakes, waffles or anything I want just a little sweet. Also I bought quality cocoa to make cocoa with sugar free kind and I add abit of the stevia in the raw
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am the same and I don't think I've gone a day without some kind of dessert in the 3 months I've been back here. I was spending a lot of calories on sweet snacks before but I've gradually naturally just got that down to dessert after dinner and maybe an ice lolly or something light if I feel the need between lunch and dinner.

I've had days where I have binged (about once a week previously) and felt out of control but I was honest and logged everything i ate in my diary and tried my best to learn from it and start afresh the next day (I only tend to binge late evening).

I'm nearly 2 weeks without going over my calories at all now. I think part of it was tweaking my calorie intake and another part just getting into new habits, eating larger main meals, and learning what helps me to make better choices and to "fail" better the next time.

You just need to keep at it and figure out what works and what doesn't for you.