urgent topic -- body fat 12,3 % but it doesn't look like it

Options
2»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't worry about body fat %

If your suffering with amenorrhea then speak to your Dr about it.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    From your profile picture your body composition looks actually very similar to mine and I am hanging around currently at 24% body fat measured with a scale, roughly. I don't want to say you are that high, but I really don't think you are at 12%. Maybe you were very dehydrated during the measurement?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I agree, about 20% give or take. So no need to worry, just see your doctor about your periods.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I was around 12% in my profile picture, taken back in 2013, if I recall rightly. I am not at that now, but it was not a number I came by naturally. It took a lot of intense training. I probably would not to wish to be there again as it took a little too much work for my tastes. Interestingly, I did retain my periods at that level, possibly because I was eating very well at the time too. I don't think you are 12% either and most scales are notoriously inaccurate as so many things can affect their readings.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    There's no way you are 12%
  • seekingdaintiness
    seekingdaintiness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you feel healthy I wouldn't worry about it too much, sounds like the scale was just wrong.
  • SChaluisan
    SChaluisan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I use a BMI calculator online... I am 5'4" and the lowest weight I can achieve and still be in a normal range is 108 at 18.5%. At 5'2" I would think you are still in a normal range as well. Its not 100% accurate; but its pretty close. Here's a link: https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&q=BMI+calculator&cad=h
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    https://www.ruled.me/visually-estimate-body-fat-percentage/

Check this website out. You are around 20% body fat and the gym person was WAY off. Also, period problems can be caused by sooo many things BUT... for me to have my period, I have to be around 30% body fat or more. It's odd how it works but I've gotten lower than that and my period stopped and loss hair and a bunch of stuff. It really depends on what your body needs. You do not look unhealthy at all but I'd see a gynecologist in case something else is causing this. Also, did your period problems start as you lost weight or did they start randomly?
  • Lfirecracker
    Lfirecracker Posts: 133 Member
    Options

noirelb wrote: »

Also, did your period problems start as you lost weight or did they start randomly?

I haven't lost weight, I needed to gain weight and that's what I'm doing, but I haven't had any problems till June and I started in April, so I'm not sure. I'll go to the doctor.
    Thank you
  • Lfirecracker
    Lfirecracker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lol I thought I was 20 too bit I was looking at the body mass percentage. There's not way I was that low when I'm not cutting or eating that healthy. Thanks everyone for the help I really appreciate it.
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »

Also, did your period problems start as you lost weight or did they start randomly?

I haven't lost weight, I needed to gain weight and that's what I'm doing, but I haven't had any problems till June and I started in April, so I'm not sure. I'll go to the doctor.
    Thank you

Good Idea! Yes, I imagine it is not due too weight loss than!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    any chance you are pregnant? that was my drs first question when i stopped having mine.