Anger and forgiveness

Options
StefaniMerlo
StefaniMerlo Posts: 18 Member
I'm really, really angry at my ex husband. I feel like this anger is really only hurting me and my kids. Does anyone have any advice on how I can forgive him when he continues to treat me *kitten* in spite of continuing to have to deal with him?

Replies

• StefaniMerlo
    StefaniMerlo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    *kitten was put in because I used an expletive -
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Please tell us how this has to do with weight loss.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You choose how you react to your ex.
    Remember the serenity prayer:
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
    Don't give him rent free space in your head.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    HyWNOxH.png

You don't need to forgive him (unless you want to of course) to let this go. You realise it is hurting you and your kids so concentrate on that as you feel your anger rise and consciously force yourself to relax and let it go.

Meditation is pretty cool as well as some stoic philosophy.

Exactly this ^^

If he is going to continue to anger you, you'll have to continually forgive him. A viscous cycle. You can't control him but you can control you. His intent likely is to anger you. If you learn to respond without anger and just let whatever is happen pass you may find that he'll change is behavior as well. And if not, at least you are teaching your children a good lesson in dealing with bad situations.

Best of luck to you.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Therapy
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Op, this would be better suited in the chit chat area, or on another forum since MFP is a diet/nutrition/fitness focused site.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Log the calories.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Options
    @citryruss There is an entry for that!!!
    Human - Hatred and Anger 13,600 calories. 67,000 grams of cholesterol
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Options
    @OutOfUserName Thank you. That explains why the question is here. I lose weight when under stress.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    6bc928c8be5f1ba4d924725c81ebb960--real-talk-quotes-life-sayings.jpg

I love this quote. I've learned this the hard way but I'm much better for it now. Forgiveness is about yourself and not the person who wrongs you. It takes too much energy to hold that in. Good luck to you. I hope you do find your peace.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Keto?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Please tell us how this has to do with weight loss.

Find one thread in the Chit Chat area that has to do with weight loss.

• grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try to put some boundaries in place so that you can communicate regarding children and whatever else is necessary. Once you get into a new routine that should help lower your stress levels. Limiting contact to what is necessary will also be easier for you.
    Unless he's a total dick over time things will hopefully settle down into a new normal. Best of luck.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"-Author name (and, for that matter, exact phrasing) forgotten.