RP STRENGHT? Renaissance Periodization ?

Options
has anyone used the templates? any feedback would be awesome!

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Can't speak for their strength programs, but I'm currently in the first meso cycle of the women's physique program. Seems solid!
    I struggle with the idea of "reps in reserve" after being used to training to failure. But otherwise it's been great. You get some different options for exercise selection. You rate your workouts and get volume changes accordingly (too easy, more sets. Too hard or ridiculous DOMS, less sets.)
  • hectoramartinez
    hectoramartinez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can't speak for their strength programs, but I'm currently in the first meso cycle of the women's physique program. Seems solid!
    I struggle with the idea of "reps in reserve" after being used to training to failure. But otherwise it's been great. You get some different options for exercise selection. You rate your workouts and get volume changes accordingly (too easy, more sets. Too hard or ridiculous DOMS, less sets.)

Thank you! I am considering buying the template for a cut cycle 12 weeks. any tips on that part.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I was actually just checking it out yesterday, i'm thinking of doing a cut cycle also. i'm gonna ask my coach this weekend her opinion, and i might just do it, its only 3 months and 100$ what can it hurt if it doesn't work out, then just move on to something else. I looked at their sample template and it seems all straight forward normal stuff, but they just organize it all instead of me making a mess out of the calculations and creating a giant cobweb of spreadsheets.
  • hectoramartinez
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    I was actually just checking it out yesterday, i'm thinking of doing a cut cycle also. i'm gonna ask my coach this weekend her opinion, and i might just do it, its only 3 months and 100$ what can it hurt if it doesn't work out, then just move on to something else. I looked at their sample template and it seems all straight forward normal stuff, but they just organize it all instead of me making a mess out of the calculations and creating a giant cobweb of spreadsheets.

I agree, the way I look at it is at most you're out 100 bucks and still are working on your goals and eating better. One thing I do like is that they customize it for your body weight and activity I believe. Seems legit from my research.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

I agree, the way I look at it is at most you're out 100 bucks and still are working on your goals and eating better. One thing I do like is that they customize it for your body weight and activity I believe. Seems legit from my research.

the girls on some of my facebook lifting groups love it and recommend it all the time.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While not having personally done it, I have an acquaintance who followed their meal plan while leaning out to meet weight for a lifting comp. She dropped fat and didn't lose any strength.
  • hectoramartinez
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    While not having personally done it, I have an acquaintance who followed their meal plan while leaning out to meet weight for a lifting comp. She dropped fat and didn't lose any strength.

Looking forward to it
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It was recommended by other women on a lifting FB group, so when RP was on sale a few weeks ago I decided to try it. Still on the base phase for fat loss, trying to make adjustments, its been hard to get the right amount of macros per meal. So far I like it, haven't felt any loss in strength
  • hectoramartinez
    Options
    dym1 wrote: »
    It was recommended by other women on a lifting FB group, so when RP was on sale a few weeks ago I decided to try it. Still on the base phase for fat loss, trying to make adjustments, its been hard to get the right amount of macros per meal. So far I like it, haven't felt any loss in strength

Awesome, let's see how it goes. Starting a 12 week cut Monday. Wish me luck. Why was it so hard to get right amount of macros? any tips ?
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    dym1 wrote: »

Awesome, let's see how it goes. Starting a 12 week cut Monday. Wish me luck. Why was it so hard to get right amount of macros? any tips ?

I'm used to doing daily macros, but RP's macro is per meal, so I'm having to re-work my meals.