weighing more at night?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You are suppose to weigh in mornings to be more accurate . If you go to a Dr in afternoon they normally take off a couple of pounds for it being later in afternoon. I weigh in morning with very little clothing on.

That's news to me - as stated in previous thread I work in medical clinic and we frequently weigh people and I write down what the scale says ( rounding down to nearest kg) regardless of what time of day I do it.

However, yes of course our weight fluctuates throughout the day - unlike many people, I do weigh at night, every Sunday evening in my case. That is accurately what I weigh at that time.
    There is no time we are 'supposed to weigh' - as long as one does a consistent routine that is all that matters.

Actually wouldn't even matter if routine was not consistent as long as you accepted natural fluctuations.

Anytime I go to the doctors they write down the weight I am. I may however ask them to put a few lbs less from now on
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    tkc616 wrote: »
    Every time I weigh myself at night it's at least 3-5 pounds more than in the morning? Is this normal lol?

Well, you've ingested food and beverages throughout the day...you know that stuff weighs something right? and the waste in your system...all of that has mass and thus weight.
  • tkc616
    tkc616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Some days I can vary from 4-5 pounds from the morning to night :#
  • kailove
    kailove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm always up at least 3 pounds by nighttime
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bet if you didn't eat or drink anything for 8-10 hours during the day before you weighed at night you'd likely weigh pretty close to what you weigh in the morning

yup yup.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    As an experiment, I once weighed myself every couple of hours for a few days. I found my weight swings through an approximately 5 lb range over the course of 24 hours.