What would you call a diet like KETO, but not keto?

Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Does it need a name?

Hmmm ... maybe I should come up with a catchy name for what I eat. :grin:

Henry.
  • valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Carbeto. Sorry, I tried
  • TartsAndTattoos
    TartsAndTattoos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Does it need a name?

Hmmm ... maybe I should come up with a catchy name for what I eat. :grin:

Mine would be called "Hoovering"
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Keto is short for Ketosis. You can read up in wikipedia what it means. Nothing to do with your eating style. Why do you want a name for it?
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I love my plain sweet potato. Plain oatmeal for breakfast with blueberries and milk. Whole pasta. Barley. Etc.
    I want to avoid foods with flour (does nothing for me), a lot of added sugar, and deep fried foods.
    Is there a diet name for all this? I would like to follow something. So Keto, but with some good carbs.?

A ketogenic diet is very low carb, and usually high fat - usually under 20-50g of carbs a day. The only carbs keto'er have are generally some veggies or low GI fruits.

A low carb high fat diet may have room for oatmeal, fruits and small servings of pasta. LCHF is carbs under 100-150 g of carbs a day.

Perhaps a whole food diet (if skipping noodles) or a clean diet (as in the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno).

A no-white foods diet?

Omg I looove Tosca Reno. I lost 16lbs in one month following her clean diet book ,menu plans, back in 2011, before I got pregnant with my two children. I let my mom borrow the book,and it was lost and gone forever!! I miss that book. Great great information in there!!