New here I'm struggling with depression

Options
Hey I'm currently trying to lose weight and was doing really well and fell into a bit of an depression when I lost my job and currently struggling with but over stress eating can anyone provide any tips encouraging words help please thanks

Replies

• HeyShaunie
    HeyShaunie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Firstly welcome. Second it's great that you've realized that you're in a depression and wanting to do something about it. I say do what your body allows at your pace. Try yoga, if that's too strenuous maybe do some light stretching and some cardio get some endorphins going. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • Claudia0805
    Claudia0805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HeyShaunie wrote: »
    Firstly welcome. Second it's great that you've realized that you're in a depression and wanting to do something about it. I say do what your body allows at your pace. Try yoga, if that's too strenuous maybe do some light stretching and some cardio get some endorphins going. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.

Thank you
  • maryde8427
    maryde8427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Claudia, sorry that you're going through a tough time. Have you ever heard of questioning your thoughts? It is something that I learned to do by watching videos from Byron Katie on YouTube. It just teaches you to question your thoughts since thoughts are almost always worse than reality. It is just four questions that you ask yourself about the thought. There isn't a single thought that I have questioned where I didn't feel better after questioning. I have questioned my thoughts about others, my own self worth, doom and gloom stuff. Questioning my thoughts grounded me each time. I have been jobless, single, horribly disappointed and this has always helped me.
  • Claudia0805
    Claudia0805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    maryde8427 wrote: »
    Hi Claudia, sorry that you're going through a tough time. Have you ever heard of questioning your thoughts? It is something that I learned to do by watching videos from Byron Katie on YouTube. It just teaches you to question your thoughts since thoughts are almost always worse than reality. It is just four questions that you ask yourself about the thought. There isn't a single thought that I have questioned where I didn't feel better after questioning. I have questioned my thoughts about others, my own self worth, doom and gloom stuff. Questioning my thoughts grounded me each time. I have been jobless, single, horribly disappointed and this has always helped me.

No I've never done that before I'll look that up on youtube and give it a try thank you