Workout Tips

Options
How do you rotate excerises and stay consistent which is hard?

Replies

• NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I watch YouTube videos and pick a couple channels and rotate those through the week. I also have the Nike+ Training app which provides me with workouts and a plan in order to get fit. Also on the Nike App you can pick different levels you want to workout at so there are a lot of choices. I don't have a car so I workout at home using apps and YouTube
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I follow a program that has everything set up for my goals of powerlifting. Same program for almost 2 months and no change to the exercises I do, only weight and rep changes as per program. I am considering moving to a 4 day a week schedule after my current cycle is done but I will follow a strict program even after switching. I don't see a point of rotating exercises just to change things. Following a training program is easier for me and I likely get better results than random exercise.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have a weight/conditioning group and boxing group I'm in. The women and trainer are great and it really pushes me. We meet 2hours 3 days a week for 1 hour training in the gym then an hour of boxing coaching. The days in between it's mellow cardio or yoga.

Once you find a program you really enjoy it is easier
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    follow a program
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I have notebooks. Notebooks upon notebooks. I write down (well, for the next two weeks I am in a program where other are doing it for me) my weekly workout plan. I always leave Sunday as my rest day. I then build each day for particular muscle groups making sure to hit each one during the week. Some of them I hit twice (biceps and forarms because I have such a hard time with them) a week.
    I bring my notebook with me to the gym and write down all of my exercises, the weight I used, reps and even how I feel.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Okiludy wrote: »
    I follow a program that has everything set up for my goals of powerlifting. Same program for almost 2 months and no change to the exercises I do, only weight and rep changes as per program. I am considering moving to a 4 day a week schedule after my current cycle is done but I will follow a strict program even after switching. I don't see a point of rotating exercises just to change things. Following a training program is easier for me and I likely get better results than random exercise.

^^^^ Yep

The only time I switch exercises is to alleviate boredom. But then I switch from one lift to another that targets the same area. Such as going from dumbbell rows to single arm seated rows. I also rotate my Pre-workout cardio, never the time, just the specifics (treadmill vs rowing machine vs elliptical) for the same reason.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy, or set a goal so you're working out for a purpose.
  • PokernuttAR
    PokernuttAR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If your goal is the same as me, muscle building, you can try what I do. I follow a push, pull, shoulders, leg routine...but I don't do the same exercises all the time. For example, on one push day for chest, I might do flat bench press, seat chest press, and cable flys. The next push day for chest I might do flat bench press, pec decs, and lying dumbbell presses. Sometimes this is by choice, other times its just what's available at the gym. Either way, I just ensure I'm working the targeted muscle group for that day.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    follow a program

I'm currently suing Strong Lifts 5x5. There are, at least, several. Do an internet search, weightlifting (weightlifting for beginners) , try one. if you like it, continue, if you don't, try another.
  • BeardedinTN
    BeardedinTN Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If your goal is the same as me, muscle building, you can try what I do. I follow a push, pull, shoulders, leg routine...but I don't do the same exercises all the time. For example, on one push day for chest, I might do flat bench press, seat chest press, and cable flys. The next push day for chest I might do flat bench press, pec decs, and lying dumbbell presses. Sometimes this is by choice, other times its just what's available at the gym. Either way, I just ensure I'm working the targeted muscle group for that day.

Thank guy