What is the appeal of a kilted man??

Options
13»

Replies

• hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A kilt is a sign of a custom, of tradition. For centuries a mans tartan announced to all who he was, his family name...his politics, even his religion. It is a throwback to a time where men pledged their allegiance and honor to a chief and almost everything they were, everything they fought for could be seen in the tartan that they wore. Later on when the tartan was outlawed by the English the kilt became a sign of pride. Men were beaten, tortured or even killed for wearing the clothing that was as much a part of them as the name they were given. They used to sew little scraps of it into the inside of their clothing and when they would approach the alter of the church they would secretly show the priest and he would bless the clan of the man in front of him.

I was born in Scotland and I am so proud of my heritage. When I see a man in a kilt it is more than a man in a "skirt". My boys wear their kilts as often as they like. They have worn them to school which here in the USA is not something you see everyday. We do it because we want to honor our customs. The same reason we make steak pie for dinner every few weeks, or listen to the bagpipes. It goes beyond the look of a thing.

With all of that said though I challenge any woman to look at Gerard Butler in his kilt and not get a little wobbly in the knees, lol.

Bahaha, I watched "Law Abiding Citizen" earlier after reading the first few posts in this thread and thought to myself "I bet he wears a kilt"....
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    LMAO!!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I like me some kilts and skl, but how is this related to diet and weight loss?

has nothing to do with diet and weight loss....is why it is under chit chat fun and games and not motivation...etc.

but it sure is entertaining!
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A kilt is a sign of a custom, of tradition. For centuries a mans tartan announced to all who he was, his family name...his politics, even his religion. It is a throwback to a time where men pledged their allegiance and honor to a chief and almost everything they were, everything they fought for could be seen in the tartan that they wore. Later on when the tartan was outlawed by the English the kilt became a sign of pride. Men were beaten, tortured or even killed for wearing the clothing that was as much a part of them as the name they were given. They used to sew little scraps of it into the inside of their clothing and when they would approach the alter of the church they would secretly show the priest and he would bless the clan of the man in front of him.

I was born in Scotland and I am so proud of my heritage. When I see a man in a kilt it is more than a man in a "skirt". My boys wear their kilts as often as they like. They have worn them to school which here in the USA is not something you see everyday. We do it because we want to honor our customs. The same reason we make steak pie for dinner every few weeks, or listen to the bagpipes. It goes beyond the look of a thing.

With all of that said though I challenge any woman to look at Gerard Butler in his kilt and not get a little wobbly in the knees, lol.

AWESOME! I wish I was in your family. I'm not Scottish by blood, but I should have been. I had a renaissance themed wedding and with bagpipes playing as I walked down the isle and a druid officiating the ceremony which incorporated a hand-fastening and an earth ceremony. I listen to Celtic music all the time and if my husband could muster up enough courage, he'd wear a kilt everywhere.

The confidence that a man shows when he wears a kilt is just sexy!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Easy access

I love it! That's hot.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Good morrow, all, Sr. Philippa of the Kansas City Renaissance Faire here, with my two shillings...

Ah, the eternal debate: kilts or tights? A codpiece that leaves nothing to the imagination and nice tight woolens to show off the bum ... or the teasing temptation of a kilt that's *just* out of reach? A matter of preference, really. How much mystery do you prefer in your man?

Not that I care for such things, of course, being a woman of the cloth... ;-) For Christmas one year I got my sister an "Official Kilt Inspector" t-shirt and kit. Kit includes mirrors for the tops of your shoes, a large stick with a hook on one end, and a blue ribbon. Why a blue ribbon? See the song below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ35SOU9HTM

Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair
    And one could tell by how we walked that he'd drunk more than his share
    He fumbled round until he could no longer keep his feet
    Then he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the stream.
    Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring ding diddly I oh
    He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the stream.

About that time two young and lovely girls just happened by
    And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye,
    "See yon sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built?
    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt."
    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt?

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be,
    Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see.
    And there behold, for them to see, beneath his Scottish skirt
    Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth
    Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth!

They marveled for a moment, then one said, "We must be gone.
    Let's leave a present for our friend, before we move along."
    As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon, tied into a bow
    Around the bonnie sword the Scotsman's kilt did lift and show.
    Around the bonnie sword the Scotsman's kilt did lift and show.

Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled towards a tree
    Behind a bush, he lift his kilt and gawks at what he sees
    And in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes:
    "Och, lad, I don't know where ye been but I see ye won first prize!"
    "Och, lad, I don't know where ye been but I see ye won first prize!"
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think part of the appeal of kilts is the possibility of going after them with a leafblower and a camera.
    http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/men-in-kilts-with-leafblower-vol-1/5288099
    http://thedevilspanties.com/archives/3890

(I love Devils Panties and Jennie Breeden. She gets me in tears with laughter. Last convention my friends and I went to we bought her men in kilts with leafblowers cards. ^.^ Best birthday gift ever.)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I like me some kilts and skl, but how is this related to diet and weight loss?

has nothing to do with diet and weight loss....is why it is under chit chat fun and games and not motivation...etc.

but it sure is entertaining!

It was originally posted in the diet and weight loss section. Looks like the mods moved it.
  • newme646
    newme646 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Imagining Gerard Butler in a kilt....ooooh laa laa!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    its the free-ballin and the potential that there may be a sexy Scottish accent as well.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    A girl was intrigued at the kilt that a Scottsman was wearing, wondering what he would be wearing underneath. "What's underneath your kilt?", she asked him. "Why don't you take a look", he replied. Curiosity overcomming her, she lifted the kilt. then let it go,"Oh, it's gruesome!" "Well, why don't you take another look, it just grew-some more."

My favorite answers to the age-old question are...

"Nice girls don't ask. Bad girls find out for themselves."

And...

"Shoes."
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im Scottish - and love a man in a kilt - basically it just reminds me of weddings, "nice parties", like New Years eve ceilidths and being drunk and running around lifting them up......
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    its the free-ballin and the potential that there may be a sexy Scottish accent as well.

Irish accents way sexier.
    If I ever met an Irish guy I would instantly swoon as soon as he said "hi"

althought i'm sure i'd do this with a scottish guy too!
    just cant get enough of their accents!:smooched: