How long did it take for you to notice a difference in your body?

Options
I'm 5'2 and 134 pounds. I started my diet about a month ago at 140 pounds... I'm not expecting to see a difference yet, but I'm just curious, how long did it take you guys to see a difference?

Replies

• tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It depends, are you looking for weightloss or muscle definition? I'm around your height and don't see an obvious difference until a 10 lbs drop around your weight range but as you approach the 120s and below, every 5 lbs is noticeable. Muscle definition or looking toned is a little trickier and varies person to person. Great start so far!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I really noticed an unmissable difference at about 15 pounds. Luckily, I lost some water weight up front so it only took me 3-4 weeks to get there.
  • TigerLily100
    TigerLily100 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I took pics in my undies at the start when I was 12 stone 10lb and again when I reached 11 stone 7lb, I could really see a difference. Not just in my weight but I have folds in my back and they were so much better. I plan to take pics every 7lb now to check progress.
    I also hit the weights and despite still carrying 30lb plus of excess fat I can already see the underlying muscle improving.
    Take pics and compare
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd say it took me about 20 to notice, shortly afterwards others did too
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I noticed at about 12 pounds. Other people are just starting to notice now that I've lost 16 or 17.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I seemed to notice at around 12 lbs as well. I started having to constantly pull my pants up.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think it was about 40lbs in... Others noticed it a LONG time before I did haha!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When the pajamas I bought and tied were falling down and I had a readjust them. About 6 weeks in.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5", started at 162lbs and noticed a difference around 15 lbs down.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    40 but I was very fat. Now with a bmi in the healthy range 10 lbs is noticeable in my clothes
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have yet to notice a discernible difference visually. I'm still fat but I fit 14s instead of 16s but that's it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    At 20 lbs down, no one had noticed. In the past few weeks, I'm down a few more pounds. In the past two days, someone pointed it out, I'm down two bra sizes, I fit comfortably in my size 16 pants (down from size 20), and my back fat rolls are shrinking to the point where I could no longer tuck a pencil in them.

So it was kind of an "all-of-a-sudden," AHA thing for me.

(Disclaimer: I never carried pencils in my back fat rolls.)

It's going to come in a flood. The only comments I got for the first 6-8 weeks of my efforts (about 20 pounds down) were "you look younger for some reason" or "did you get a haircut?".

At week 10 the floodgates opened and since then I've had a number of people ask me what I've been doing to lose weight because the results look great!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'', started at 127lbs and am currently at 117lbs. I am just now starting to notice a difference - not a big difference, but my pants are fitting a bit looser and I don't have the dreaded muffin top from my favorite pair of jeans anymore.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, started at 180, currently 145, I'm just trying to see how much more I can lose before my kids go back to school. Approximately 22% body fat, BMI 21.

I personally could see a noticeable difference at about 8lbs lost. I got one or two comments around 20lbs down, but only if I brought it up first. These last 10lbs are where people are really starting to notice and comment, like they pull me aside just to tell me I look great, it's not solicited at all. I've heard that I could be a model, asked what I've been doing, told I look amazing, asked how I've managed tone up so nicely. I've even been told I've lost too much and need to stop now. I hate it and I love it.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    This was posted in my gym
  • Amerek412
    Amerek412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, started at 127lb and barely noticed a slight difference just looking at myself in the mirror after 5lbs down. However, I took progress pics and there was definitely a noticeable difference compared to my starting pic (I actually posted my pics in the success stories forum if you care to look). Currently down to 120 and feel the same as I did 2 lbs ago. The weight is coming off so slow that it's hard to notice a difference because you get "use" to the way you look, so it is important to take pictures and/or measurements IMO.
  • trbixler40
    trbixler40 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been at it about 5 weeks now w/ 15.5 lbs lost. I'm a very big guy so starting at 309 and hitting 293.5 is a huge success for me and I am watching very closely. I can see a definite difference in the way my clothes fit but nothing yet physically in the mirror or whatever. It's slight but I'm expecting it's going to take at least another 10 or so lbs before it starts to seem noticeable. Stick with it! My mom says she can tell but she always does lol...