Eating at midnight

Options
If i eat past midnight should I log it on today or the next day's diary?

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What I do is log my first meal of the day when I wake for the day. People do it either way though. I think it is a matter of choice.
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use midnight as my cut off for the next day. In your case, if i under ate today and ate at midnight, I would log it for today, but if i already hit my cals for the day and ate again, i would count it for tomorrow. It really doesn't matter unless it causes you to under or over eat, if that makes sense?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    valkongr wrote: »
    Your body doesn't reset on 00:00. Your day begins when you wake up and it ends when you sleep.

This. One day's logging for me is from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Doesn't matter what time that is. I spent five years working night shift and getting up at 6pm and going to bed at 10am. No way I was going to try to split that pre and post midnight for logging when my body doesn't know the difference.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I treat my weigh in (Which is first thing in the morning) as the beginning of the new day with respect to food logging.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It wont make a difference to weight change wherever you log it. so log it where its convenient to you.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I put everything from sleep to sleep on one day unless it's very late and I'm out of calories. But it doesn't matter.

What does drive me crazy is traveling across time zones.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    U really doesn't matter it's something you should just be consistent with.
    Personally I don't eat after 10 just cuz of my schedule and for me I log the next day when I wake up
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Whenever you go to sleep is where I would say your 'day' divides. Doesn't really matter in the long run though which day you log it as. A lot of people observe weekly caloric limits rather than daily!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I call it 'today' until I go to sleep. There have been days I got home very late and just didn't get dinner until after midnight.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Do it however you like. It doesn't matter in the least.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    When I wake up at midnight and eat, it's usually an ice cream bar. It ends up all over my face, PJ's and sheets. Messy. If it's 12:01 or later it goes in the next day.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    MFP automatically rolls it over at midnight so I just let it do that bc I am lazy lol.