Options
Hi
Is eating subway twice a day healthy?
Anyone have idea on this

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    does subway fit into your calories and macros?

if one of those meals was salad to get some veg in, then possibly... i think you would get bored pretty quick though.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are you hitting your nutritional goals? Do you like eating this way?
  • tigerblood6
    tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes it does fit into my calorie account. For example
    i) Seafood sensation 410cal ,
    ii) Subway cookie 2 piece 440cal
    iii) Iced lemon tea with zero sugar 0cal

I usually have Teriyaki Chicken which caused me 320calories with either Honey & Oats or Parmesan bread .

The problem is I am trying to eat natural for body digestion. I did a research when a guy tried on Subway diet for a week and it doesnt work on him with the argument that the meat used are processed meat.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If by "work" you mean won't allow weight loss, that's bunk. I'd like to see this guy's evidence.

If you are concerned for health about eating too much processed meat, that's a legitimate concern, and I don't know enough about Subway (haven't been there for years, so haven't checked) to say what their meats are.

850 calories with over half of it being cookies seems like a lot if you are eating there twice a day, that would be more my thought, but obviously the nutritional value and calories depends on what you choose, your goal, what else you eat. You can certainly lose weight doing it, I think it would get super boring and you could eat healthier doing other things, but can you get an adequately healthful diet doing that? Depends what you choose and what the options are.
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    Is eating a turkiye slice which is processed meat that caused you 100calories are better than eating a fresh turkiye breast which is 300calories ?

@lemurcat12 https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/i-went-on-the-subway-diet-for-a-week-2016-5
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    Well usually I will ditch the cookies and just had the subway itself and some plain water. If I workout that day and have excess calories then I will get the cookies. Yes , they are high calories cookies .
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and health are two different things. This Subway diet would work for weight loss like any other diet if it fits your allotted calories and it's sustainable for you. I wouldn't do it because I couldn't and wouldn't want to eat like that forever, which would mean I'd have trouble maintaining afterward. Also, I do believe your nutrition would lacking if that's all you ate, which matters for long-term health.

As for your turkey question: Your question is flawed. Compare 100 cal of cured deli turkey with an equal 100 cal of fresh turkey. For weight loss, they are the same. For long-term health, that's a different issue.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    emyjuita6 wrote: »
    Is eating a turkiye slice which is processed meat that caused you 100calories are better than eating a fresh turkiye breast which is 300calories ?

@lemurcat12 https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/i-went-on-the-subway-diet-for-a-week-2016-5

Depends on if you're watching sodium or not. The processed turkey slices have about 600mg sodium per serving, while the fresh turkey breast has none.
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    Also I found this tips from ex-Subway worker

https://www.carobcherub.com/subway-healthy/
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Meh,I've banned Subway..tasteless food anyways very bland,skip the sandwich and just eat the cookies they're the only thing that have any flavor there
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    All deli meat is high in sodium so if sodium is an issue subway is not for you. I worked at Subway for three years and the link you shared there is no slime on the deli meat that slides off, and the cheese is american cheese but I would say higher quality then Kraft. The tuna and the seafood watch out for those it depends on who is making them and how much mayo they use in it (I used a lot).
    It is all common since really bread, sauces, cheese, chips, cookies and a soda high calorie things.
    You can get a Turkey sandwich on wheat bread about 280 cal w/ out cheese and mayo, but you can load up on veggies to make it more filling.
    You can fit it into your calorie allotment for the day and lose weight just like anything else.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Just count calories, but realize that some of the pre posted calories counts can be under estimated. Oh and don't believe anything Jared says.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I used to work for them when I was in my late teens and in theory yes you can eat subway twice a day and lose weight but it's usually what I would consider a really boring sandwich or salad without cheese or dressings, and the calorie count relies on the person serving you following the amount of food they are supposed to put in a sandwich. They usually don't as they usually dump in more of all the salad bits, some of which add up the calories.

I would think you would get bored before losing any significant amount of weight but there are a handful of people who seem to like subway enough to do it. Allegedly.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Yes it is in theory fine but why would you do that to yourself. It seems expensive to eat out all the time as well as boring
    There is so much more variety and delicious food. I would get bored eating anything all the time. Also I don't like sandwiches that much. So why not go with subway occasionally like 2 times a week but other foods too and thus get a better dietary mix.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you'd only eat 2 Subway subs and nothing else? You could lose weight that way if you are in a calories deficit but if you stick to only subs and cookies your diet isn't going to be very balanced or contain many vegetable servings. Why not throw in a salad now and then?