Alcohol Free August 2017

Options

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    anglilacs wrote: »
    Hi All! Staying strong here. I did not stay under my losing weight calories today but I didn't go over my maintenance calories, if that makes any sense. I almost went to that place - I'm already over, maybe I should have a glass of wine but I was able to stop that thought and am drinking my sparkling water now and watching tv.

Way to stay strong! I know that feeling too well.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Day 9 for me. Counting the days may have value for some, but not necessarily for all. Different people might benefit from a different approach.
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Still alcohol free, been drinking more water, not snacking at night either, so it's a win win.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    velocity60 wrote: »
    I feel like I should take myself off the challenge because I've failed badly . However I find all of your comments so inspiring that I'm thinking that maybe it's the inspiration to start . I don't want to bore everyone with my story but you all are so right about the boredom. I'm retired at 56 so it's tough filling my days up as it is , in a new town where all my friends & family can't wait until happy hour to start their social time . I need a night job! Or maybe some demanding class to do at night . Thank You again for your inspiration , I'm going to try to make 8:8 day 1 !

I get this. I've been following this thread and am becoming more and more motivated to join the challenge. I'm 67 and live in a retirement community where many of the other seniors gather every day for happy hour(s). Being seniors, the happy hour(s) are early bird hours, starting early. I've started to cut back, but I need to eliminate either all of it or try to stick to one or two drinks.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    velocity60 wrote: »
    I feel like I should take myself off the challenge because I've failed badly . However I find all of your comments so inspiring that I'm thinking that maybe it's the inspiration to start . I don't want to bore everyone with my story but you all are so right about the boredom. I'm retired at 56 so it's tough filling my days up as it is , in a new town where all my friends & family can't wait until happy hour to start their social time . I need a night job! Or maybe some demanding class to do at night . Thank You again for your inspiration , I'm going to try to make 8:8 day 1 !

I've also failed, but I too, find a lot of inspiration in reading everyone's comments. No wine for me yesterday, and I'll go for day 2 today. Interesting comments about boredom. I think there may be something in it in my case too even though I work but I'm winding it down. I used to take classes throughout my life, and have other hobbies. Maybe I should take up some interesting courses again. Day 2 for me today!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Whether this is your first, second or tenth day, you've come here to make a change. That is the first step. Sending strength to all of you!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm not around a lot of drinkers, fortunately, but when I am, once they've had two drinks I'm "safe". I sat across from a friend for her husband's birthday and she kept offering me red wine. I kept holding up my club soda and lime and told her I was "all set" and she was happy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not pregnant and don't have a medical reason to abstain, so that's a no for me.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Im taking August off booze! I don't normally drink all that often but I got sick before I went home and then while I was at home on vacation I drunk pretty much every day! Nice to have a break for my body and it makes it so much easier to hit the gym when I don't wake up hungover or even dehydrated
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If the situation in North Korea goes nuclear, this thread is mute.
  • clsward1602
    clsward1602 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Failed last night but started again with a 100 day challenge today. Annoyed with myself but onwards and upwards.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    Failed last night but started again with a 100 day challenge today. Annoyed with myself but onwards and upwards.

You didn't FAIL. Just a bump in the road! You got this!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    We are 1/3 of the way through the month as of today. How is everyone doing?
  • meg_mindbody
    meg_mindbody Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! Wine is also my downfall, especially when Friday afternoon hits. I can be great all week, and as soon as the weekend comes along it's hard to resist the urge to relax, have a few glasses and then your eating habits go out the window :(
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I drank last weekend and it really contributed to the extra weight I held onto early this week. My husband will be at military training this weekend, so I'm hoping I can skim the surface and get away with not drinking!