What's your favourite way to exercise/work out?

Options
Mine is dancing. I took up pole dancing last year, and love the strength it has given me, as well as slimming down my waist line.
My goal is to take up adult ballet/contemporary classes once I get out of the obese weight range.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Running for me
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting right now. I was in to sprint triathlons a few years back, so running, swimming, and cycling. I hope to get back to that when time allows.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Power lifting something about pulling 100 of pounds of the ground does it for me.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    walking outside or bellydance are my favorites
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    At the same time !
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Cleaning my house and having sex.

And you wonder why you get so many FRs...
  • jjpptt2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cycling and/or mountain biking. Hopefully one day, unicycling.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights, yoga, dance, interval training sometimes. I would love to get into pole!!
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. I use the gym at work during lunch. If something comes up, it feels strange to actually eat lunch during lunch, instead working out.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Power lifting! Pole seems like it would be so much fun - I tried one class before but didn't stick with it
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Cleaning my house and having sex.

And you wonder why you get so many FRs...

Well according to the forums lately, these two activities burn calories.

I just wanted to pretend I work out.

On a serious note, my favorite is lifting. Some running.
    That's about it.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I loathed weight lifting for years. Then I realized that I could lift weights *without* doing bench press. Now I love weight lifting.

I know it sounds stupid, but it seemed like all weight lifters did bench press, so how could I possibly lift without it? I do overhead press instead.

I also genuinely enjoy running.
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Running. When my house purchase goes through I'm going to start lifting though, which I hope I'll love.
    Then I'll have to decide which is my main activity. Probably running, at least until I'm close to goal.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Running and the Elliptical
  • MikeinNOLA
    MikeinNOLA Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    CrossFit, and running, and lifting, and playing anything, and more CrossFit.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Crossfit and trail running. And doing whatever is needed to build strength, work capacity and endurance
  • KiraChristiansen
    KiraChristiansen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying running for it's cheapness(&limited commute) right now, but dancing would be my ideal. :)I am a ballet teacher and I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to the OP: Don't wait to sign up for ballet. Most of it can be modified, and few adult classes make you wear a leotard& tights. Unless you are saving it up as a reward, sign up for a progressive beginner class now, as enrollment should be starting soon for most studios. It's a ton of hard work- you'll really feel it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying running for it's cheapness(&limited commute) right now, but dancing would be my ideal. :)I am a ballet teacher and I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to the OP: Don't wait to sign up for ballet. Most of it can be modified, and few adult classes make you wear a leotard& tights. Unless you are saving it up as a reward, sign up for a progressive beginner class now, as enrollment should be starting soon for most studios. It's a ton of hard work- you'll really feel it.

Running is cheap?! :noway: :laugh:
  • jjpptt2
    Options

Running is cheap?! :noway: :laugh:

Yep. Compared to cycling, it's basically free.