Cannot survive on 1200! Food diary included

Options
I dunno how people do it, it just doesn't seem enough and I'm starving! Im currently 163lbs 5ft 3 goal weight of 140. This last year I've lost 42 lbs of pregnancy weight through slimming world but now come to a total standstill for 3/4 months now so giving MFP a go. Do I maybe need to switch up what I'm eating? I'm posting my food diary for today - not got much left for dinner so doubt I'll manage to stay within limits.....any advice greatly appreciated

Replies

• dlharris1
    dlharris1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    qdbp19fkc046.png
    ajjacd3tccz9.png
    i2www5r22hmj.png
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise at all? Do you track steps with a pedometer or fitness band? You may be able to eat some more based on exercise calories.
  • dlharris1
    Options
    Thanks for comment, I do gym classes and cycle to and from work 3 days a week so that'll help a lot on those days. The other four days however, I've got my two daughters to look after all day so find it difficult to fit anything in
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dlharris1 wrote: »
    I dunno how people do it, it just doesn't seem enough and I'm starving! Im currently 163lbs 5ft 3 goal weight of 140. This last year I've lost 42 lbs of pregnancy weight through slimming world but now come to a total standstill for 3/4 months now so giving MFP a go. Do I maybe need to switch up what I'm eating? I'm posting my food diary for today - not got much left for dinner so doubt I'll manage to stay within limits.....any advice greatly appreciated

Is that with a rate of loss of 1lb per week?
  • dlharris1
    Options

Do you exercise at all? Do you track steps with a pedometer or fitness band? You may be able to eat some more based on exercise calories.

No proper 'exercise' as such today, just spent day playing with girls and a bit of cleaning. I don't but I definitely want to invest in a Fitbit
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No proper 'exercise' as such today, just spent day playing with girls and a bit of cleaning. I don't but I definitely want to invest in a Fitbit

I hope you aren't set to sedentary then?
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've found focusing on my macros over calories is what finally got me over my slump. I was not eating near enough protein. It's only been a week but I'm really loving it so far.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I would say let the scale determine your calories allowed. If you can eat 1400 calories and still lose weight than allow yourself a few more.
  • dlharris1
    Options

Where did you come up with the 1200 amount? I'm guessing you have no idea how much you were actually eating doing slimming world? (the impression I get is that they don't calorie count)

It's likely that 1200 is too little, and unnecessarily restrictive for you. If you've set it for 2lbs a week loss, reduce this to perhaps 1lb. Also remember you can eat back your exercise calories - mfp calculates your calorie deficit goal without exercise included.

It's just the amount the app gave me
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Did you set your goal to lose 2 pounds per week? That might be too aggressive for you. If you reset MFP to losing one pound per week, you'll have more calories to eat but will just lose the weight more slowly. One pound a week is good progress, by the way! (I like to have at least 400 calories left for dinner; any less and I feel deprived.) Your diary looks reasonable to me. The only other piece I see is that if you add in some exercise, you can eat back the calories you've "earned". I'm currently set at 1200 calories a day, but tend to earn at least 300 additional calories a day from exercise.
  • dlharris1
    Options

I hope you aren't set to sedentary then?

I think I am because I've got a desk job (three days a week)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Where did you come up with the 1200 amount? I'm guessing you have no idea how much you were actually eating doing slimming world? (the impression I get is that they don't calorie count)

It's likely that 1200 is too little, and unnecessarily restrictive for you. If you've set it for 2lbs a week loss, reduce this to perhaps 1lb. Also remember you can eat back your exercise calories - mfp calculates your calorie deficit goal without exercise included.

It's just the amount the app gave me

Using the information you provided - what did you put as activity level and rate of loss?