What do you usually eat/drink before a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• rmbassler
    rmbassler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually I don't eat - fasted cardio/workout. After I always have a undenatured whey protein shake with my postworkout.

If you have to eat before your workout, the body doesn't store potassium for very long, so a medium banana before a workout will help keep nutrient levels high.

If you lift heavy weights - Carbohydrates that are low glycemic. Like nuts, beans, pasta, fruits, brown rice, sweet potatoes, all-bran grains and vegetables. For example - bowl of rolled oats with a scoop of whey protein and some peanut butter, and sliced banana. You can add milk if you want. And use PB2 powder is you are watching fat intake (IIFYM)
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys! I love the input :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nothing immediately b4.

If I eat something, I wait at least an hr or 2 for the food to digest b4 working out. Otherwise, I feel bloated and lethargic.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    nothing usually.
  • TeethOfTheHydra
    TeethOfTheHydra Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    About an hour and quarter beforehand, 150g Chobani nonfat plain yogurt, 150g blueberries, 14g almond slivers. Lots of water.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Coffee & banana or cake on most days.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Morning cardio: coffee and water

Lifting: about 30-60 minutes before I hit the gym, a full meal (4oz protien, 1/2 cup complex carbs, 1 cup veggies)
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If I wake up before 6am to workout I usually just grab a Fiber One Protein bar and drink a crystal light energy. If it is later in the morning I will just eat my usual breakfast beforehand, oats mixed in with protein powder, yogurt and fruit.
  • ShortRound82
    ShortRound82 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I exercise directly after I get off of work and I'm usually exhausted because I'm have a physical job, so I eat a banana to get that boost I need.
  • JIJames2017
    JIJames2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning then nothing but if later in the day usually a banana about 1 hour before. I don't have caffeine really so no coffee for me!

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The blood of my enemies.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Just 2 tall glasses of water.