Brake from workout for a day?

Options
On my 4 months of dieting working out never took a real break from exercising is that bad?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    What a real break?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen, and grown in bed.

Rest days are important. Your body needs time to heal. I have to force myself to take Sundays off from lifting, and every other week I take a true rest day - no cardio, no weights, just rest.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    On my 4 months of dieting working out never took a real break from exercising is that bad?

if you feel good with your program and diet, then no its not bad, its your new lifestyle. But if you feel like you are pushing too hard, physically exhausted , malnourished, etc then its ok to rethink your program and incorporate breaks.
  • UnknownMasta
    UnknownMasta Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kk, I never gotten to exhausted just weight's and cardio workouts are just so much fun to me. But My friends always tell me I never go out with them anymore so it's more of a cheat/rest day into one I forgot to put that in the title
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It is really strange for me. I will no be able to make it to the gym for work schedules. Then I get back and that stubborn that was not going away is gone notw.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Kk, I never gotten to exhausted just weight's and cardio workouts are just so much fun to me. But My friends always tell me I never go out with them anymore so it's more of a cheat/rest day into one I forgot to put that in the title

that sounds like its worse for your friends than it is for you. its ok to take a day off and have cheat days, if you want to . But if you don't want to, its ok to not let your friends pressure you to do something you don't want to do. I sometimes have to go out with my friends because they nag and i have a duty to maintain my friendships, , but they also understand that the gym is my life right now and they are always welcome to come lift with me :) but they never do.