Weight Loss Warriors..... (Closed Group)

Options
Here is a list of our team!! Be helpful to one another, we need each other to win this challenge. This will be a good way for you guys to get to know one another and post motivation, questions, etc. Please feel free to email me if you have questions, need help with anything or just need to talk. That's what I'm here for. Good luck to all of you!! Keep in touch and stay positive!! We CAN do this we are WARRIORS!! Enjoy your weekend because the challenge officially starts on Monday. If you haven't already I need your starting numbers and goals by Sunday night.

Thanks everyone!!!

~Amanda~

Here is our team....

Team Weight Loss Warriors:

Captain amanda_100283

1 Cruiser3
2 4ReeRee
3 m0_0m
4 CherrySourz
5 the4stairs
6 mcheather
7 sanifr
8 Tridrill
9 Christina269
10 NurseMeeka
11 bcrugbygirl
12 runner328
13 moniquedeanne
14 kiwicakes
15 p4tr1c14_94
16 ajanmillie
17 Andria1213
18 kysue1029
19 missolesky
20 kynichol21

Replies

• p4tr1c14_94
    Options
    LEt´s go team !!

We can do this :D
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks Amanda! My name is Kylie. I am 27 years old and have been married for 6. I have a son who is 3 1/2 and a daughter that just turned 2. As of yesterday, I weigh 155 and would like to be 149 by the end of August. :)

I am really excited to "meet" you all! Good luck and let's kick some booty!

ETA: My profile pic is from today. If you look at my pics, there is a pic from my side. (And also one of my handsome son and beautiful daughter!)
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone. My name is Jan I am 32 and my weight is 208. My current goal is 130 but really I want to get healthy and off of bp meds. I started at 278 in March and have been steadily losing.
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you Amanda! I'm excited for everyone :)

My name is Angie. I'm 24 years old, living in California. Current weight 149.4, goal weight for end of August 145. Don't want to be too ambitious because I know how I am.. heh. I have been on MFP for about 2 and a half months, I really like using the App on my iphone. Glad I could be a part of this group, we can do this! :)
  • CherrySourz
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm too excited about this!! I'm 29 and from the UK so will probably be behind everyone else with regard to getting things done! lol
    I've been happily married for 3 years to my best friend and my starting weight is 251. My goal to reach by the end of August is to lose at least 10lbs which should be completeky do-able :)

Looking forward to winning this challenge warriors!!!

Lyndsay xx
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Im a part of the WEIGHT LOSS WARRIORS, please add me. :-)
  • CherrySourz
    Options
    :)
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm so excited too!

This is my first challenge and I think it's just what I need to get back into healthy habits. I started MFP in May and lost some lbs but got off course in July and gained them back. Ready to start anew and lose for good! I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can do this next month!! My SW is 174 and goal is 140. But for the month of August I'm going to try to lose 10 lbs. I figure if I put it down and tell all of you, it'll be good motivation. Best of luck to everyone!
  • bcrugbygirl
    bcrugbygirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey everyone
    feel free to add me
    name is jessica
    from bc canada
    student going into education for elementary school <3
    cant wait to work with you all <3
  • RunThisWeigh
    RunThisWeigh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amanda!

Nice to meet everyone! My name is Melissa and I'm in California. I'm 27, married for 6 years and have 2 little boys (3 and 4 years old). My highest weight was 256 and I'm currently at 209.6. My August goal is to get below 200...for the first time in YEARS! So I will need to lose a little over 9 pounds, I know I can do it!

Looking forward to cheering everyone on and making new friends :)
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    Hello fellow Warriors,

My name is Kylie. I am 24 years old and mother of two girls, an 11 month old and a 4 year old. My current weight is 158lbs and my goal for the end of August is to be 145lbs. It might be a bit of a stretch but my baby girl turns 1 on August 30th and would like to look and feel good for her party. I hope everyone is ready to work hard and have fun with this challenge. I can't believe that the OP (Original Poster) , Gary6030, has over 500 people participating in this challenge. That's so amazing. So let's get ready to kick so weight loss butt.
  • missolesky
    missolesky Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sarah, I'm 22 years old, a manager at a fast food restaurant (which helped motivate me to lose weight, didn't want to fall into the stereotype) and engaged to a wonderful man who is out of the country for 4 months and our wedding will be soon after his return, so I want to surprise him!
    I've recently started the C25K program and am doing the Warrior Dash in September. The month of Ramadan starts, like, now, so getting exercise in will be a little bit more of a challenge but I am up for it! Looking forward to kicking butt in these challenges!
    Go team!
  • kysue1029
    Options
    It's crazy that there are two of us Kylie's on our team. I don't meet many Kylie's our age. There are a lot of them that are young, but not in their 20s! :)

You all can do a great job! Nice to meet you all...feel free to add me as a friend if you haven't already!
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    It's crazy that there are two of us Kylie's on our team. I don't meet many Kylie's our age. There are a lot of them that are young, but not in their 20s! :)

You all can do a great job! Nice to meet you all...feel free to add me as a friend if you haven't already!

I know of two Kylie's our age. One I went to High School with and one I played sports with when I was younger. My mom said she got my name from a Soap Opera so I am surprised their aren't more of us because of that.
  • Christina269
    Options
    Hello!!

My name is Christina - i'm so excited about the August Challenge!! I almost skipped out on it, but fate intervened and here I am!

My goal for the month is 10 pounds, but more than that - my goal is also to get involved with community fitness experiences and go beyond the work out videos in the living room (which are awesome...). New month - new goals - new start.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm Lauren. I'm 28 and live in beautiful Oregon (USA). I'm a momma to a 3 year old daughter. I'm currently 141 lbs. My goal is to be 136-7 by the end of Aug. With my ultimate goal being about 127.

Nice to meet you all and please feel free to add me if I have not done so already. Lets do this! :D
  • bcrugbygirl
    bcrugbygirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So I was 307.2 yesterday and by the end of August I hope to be under 300 lbs which totally works and think I will probably do it since I have been aiming for 2 lbs a week so to counteract with my camping and consumption of beer during this camping trip upcoming I know I may not always read 2 lbs per week so lets go to lose to get me below 300 and I will be excited <3
    add me up if you havent already done so <3
  • kysue1029
    Options
    Get ready to start tomorrow friends! :)
  • NurseMeeka
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

This is NurseMeeka ....... I am aiming to drop 10 lbs. My current weight: 197... goal for August 190 (want to be realistic)
    I was posting everywhere but the right place..lol... The captain will be posting our banner soon that I put together... I hope you all like it!!!

:))

Please feel free to stop by and say hello...give a little motivation and encouragement.. I will do the same... ;))
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    Ok, I should have had this to you last night but I had computer issues so my deepest apologies there. Here is the first stage of the challenge. Please try your best to stick to this, I will check in with everyone and see how you guys are doing. If you need anything please let me know.

Thank you and lets make August AMAZING!!!

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.