Help! I can't stop over eating!

Options
I don't know what's going on with me but I always eat so much....all the time...every day! I work out 5 to 7 days a week but I always end up eating junk and I watch the scale go up. I tell myself everyday that it's a new day and I'm going to start over but it's always the same thing. I'm 34, 5'6 and 136.4 pounds. I need to lose about 6 pounds. Please help!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Don't buy stuff in that you can binge on, plan your meals ahead (try meal prepping in advance). You're mid range in a healthy BMI - so set yourself to lose 0.5lb per week and try pre-logging your days. Factor things you like into your calorie allowance so you don't feel restricted.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will do that. Thank you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Also bear in mind, that the reason the scale goes up after eating junk food is mostly water retention not fat gain, it's from eating more carb heavy/sodium filled food, it will come back off with a couple of days of normal eating and water intake.

I can eat within my allowance, work out and if one of my meals was takeaway or restaurant dining I can gain 5lbs overnight, but it'll be gone 2 days later.
  • kobbymfp
    kobbymfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try taking a healthy cooked meal with u to work. Eat that throughout the day instead. Make sure its something you like so it doesn't feel like u are torturing yourself. Some fruits and vegetables should do the trick. Don't be hard on yourself. Take baby steps, set small goals. Try to go one day without junk, it will inspire u to go the next day and before your know it, you could have made it the whole week without junk food.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Meal prep for me has always worked the best. I feel if I dont prep there is a better chance of me eating above my macro goals.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Has this behavior been going on for a long time?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Get healthy food that you really like. And portion control !!!
  • ladyj22
    Options
    It's been a couple of years.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Maybe you'd be happier working on fitness and body composition. You don't say what your workouts are, do you lift?
  • ladyj22
    Options
    I do a lot of jump rope but not weights. I need to find a good strength training routine.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Do you think you might be a compulsive overeater?
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    be my buddy! i came on here just to say this exact thing. 5"6 138 lose 4 gain 6. for example I logged "reduced/trying" yesterday and i was at 2200 calories and my steps were not enough to match that. If i could shave 300 cals without feeling like crud i know i could lose. i am struggling so hard. maybe low salt lower carb. right now i'm about 60-20-20 carb.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue quite a bit. Whenever I have that issue I tell myself not to overindulge because the junk food , alcohol , pizza etc will still be there tomorrow, next week/month etc. take it day by day. Commit yourself to very small goals because it's easier that way. For example just make it through one day within your allotted calories. That's what works for me anyway