How long did it take you to lose 50lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's what im shooting for, a 50 lb loss. So far I have lost 4 lbs, in about 2'weeks of being on MFP. I think I lost a few before that too,but since I cant be sure,I don't know when i lost them. I know last year in March ,2016 I weighed 212, and lost that within a few months of walking back and forth from my clinic. But then stopped walking, started receiving rides ,so my weight loss maybe stalled. And then sometime this year I lost a few lbs, but when i finally got to a scale a few weeks ago , I was 196 now im at 192.2 or so.. I am a vegetarian, have been for awhile, but I have major sweet tooth. I cut most of my sweets out. Except Birthday cake on birthdays.and occasionally I will have chocolate squares to keep me going and not feel like I am toi restricted, I only drink water , I stick to 1200 calories daily , unless I exercise. I workout with 5 lb weights to Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred 20 minutes ,I dont eat sll my calories back, maybe half.. If I could lose 20 lbs by Christmas I will be ecstatic.
  • janica_233
    janica_233 Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I started at 265 lbs. Took me about 6 months to lose 50 lbs. Now I'm 204 lbs and at about 60 lbs lost in about 8 months
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Probably not what you want to hear...but it's been 5yr 2+mos and I'm not there yet!

Started June 1st 2012 at 237, got down to 193 in about a year, went back up another 25-30lbs and fluctuated the same 20lbs for two+ years, and am now down to 190.4 as of this morning. This is the lowest I've been since my last child was born 10 years ago. I was around 185lbs after her birth.

So, if everything goes the way it has since the beginning of this year, I should hit that "magic" 187 and 50lbs lost by this time next month. Not counting chickens before they hatch any more though, it's gotten me in trouble before! If i stay the weight I am, I've already achieved so much, but I would like to see the 180s. My overall goal right now is to get below 160 and then re-evaluate though.

Good luck to you!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 60 lbs. I hit a plateau and got discouraged and in a matter of 2 months I gained half of it back!! Oops!! It's a daily struggle but I'm determined to accomplish my goals. Started at 268 on on 9/11/16, was at 208 on 1/15/17, today's weight is 235.8. My initial goal is to be at 199.9!!! Lol!! I was on a very low calorie diet and 3 times weekly weight training. I've increased the calories to a more reasonable level and am back to the 3 x week weight training sessions.

How low were your calories? Some days I don't eat enough and I get 1250~1400 calories but my goal is 1850. Do you or anyone else know how I can add more calories to my diet with good choices? I'm glad to see so many success stories of losing 50 pounds because my goal is to lose 80 and so far I've lost 9.5 pounds in 28 days and my starting weight was 234.5 and today I am 225 :) congrats to you all for accomplishing your goals
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Not sure about 50 pounds...but I lost 75 in 18 months. If I had to guess it was in 9 or 10 months or so for 50 pounds...the last 25 pounds came off slower.

HOWEVER, I still drank liquor, ate out occasionally, etc....but I just counted the calories and went on. I am sure I could have lost it all much faster if I had military discipline WRT my diet.
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started at 291 and lost 50lbs after about 3 months, around 90lbs in the year.
    I was extremely dedicated then though. Now I slip up quite a bit, but I'm getting back to it.

I put on about 30lbs in two years, so I'm back at it again to slim back down. It's much harder this time around as my body is completely adjusted to my activity level so I have to REALLY push myself.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    took me about 5 months to lose the first 50lbs. I started off at 260 on 11/28/16 and as of May 2017 I was down to 210lbs. I have lost an additional 20lbs since then, with another 20ish to go. I have slowed the loss down a lot since May just because I want it to be a more slower steady loss, as they say slow and steady wins the race. I didn't do anything other than start eating healthier and exercising and ate to my calories and macros daily. The more you have to lose it seems the easier to see a bigger loss... these last 20lbs are going to kill me LOL Good luck!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 50 pounds in about 5 months. The 2nd 50 took another 7 months or so. After that it took me about a year to lose 30 more....that was September 2009 - September 2011. In the last couple years I have gained back the 30....it seems so much harder to lose it this time.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5 months
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 7 months.
  • heavenandhell
    heavenandhell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 59 lbs through a slimming club (but with virtually no change to activity level) in 12 months, from 18 st 3 (255 lb) to 14 st (196 lb). Some poor eating habits returned, I saw a familiar pattern emerging and alarm bells started to ring.
    Now working on the whole package, nutrition and exercise.
    Its a journey, expecting ups and downs, but got to keep going; you too Nads36...you can do it.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I haven't lost it yet, but I am in process to lose a pound a week this year. I am about 31 weeks in and 32 pounds down. I try to stay a couple of pounds ahead, but I do not want to lose quickly and I want to have room for a little fun at the appropriate times.

Started at 226 and my initial goal is 175, then I will evaluate where to go from there. I'm 5'9".
  • havronab
    havronab Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to lose 150 lbs total (295 to 145 lbs). So far I've lost 125/150.

The first 50 lbs came off in 4 months.
    The second 50 lbs came off in 5 months.
    I'm projecting that the final 50 lbs will take 6 months (I'm guessing/hoping I will reach my goal by the end of 2017). We'll see how accurate that is!
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me about your progress. It really is lovely to read. Well done everyone and keep at it. I have lost 0.5lbs this week, taking me to a total of 14.5lbs so far. I was disappointed with such a low loss but I will not give up. Will keep going as I know there are going to be weeks that are slower than others! Take care and look forward to hearing more about your fantastic progress! ☺
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Nads36 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me about your progress. It really is lovely to read. Well done everyone and keep at it. I have lost 0.5lbs this week, taking me to a total of 14.5lbs so far. I was disappointed with such a low loss but I will not give up. Will keep going as I know there are going to be weeks that are slower than others! Take care and look forward to hearing more about your fantastic progress! ☺

Progress is progress and 0.5 pounds loss is sweet progress.
    Beware of the plateau's though and be sure to measure.

Cheers and I wish you all the best!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!