CA Mom lost 40+ pounds WANT friends...

Options
Hi, I started my journey five months ago and hope to NEVER look back. I literally did NOTHING to take care of myself after having my last child (11 years ago). At first I did what I know works for my body (hi protein low carb) and the weight came off quickly. This time though I tried new products that were previously unavailable to me (quest bars, pre made protein drinks, skinny pop popcorn, etc.,). I also moved to a different ratio of complex-carbs firzt55eetvj.jpg
to protein and I make sure to prep and stock my fridge every week with chicken and veggies and quinoa, etc., The weight has dropped off and I only have six more pounds to go. Thus my reason for trying my fitness pal. My focus now is preparing to live this lifestyle forever and stopping destructive behavior before it become a bad habit. I feel amazing. I sleep better than ever and it's been the most transformative experience. I LOVE finding great options out and about and enjoy coming up with new recipes with my daughter. Whole Foods and Farmers Markets have become my favorite places to shop. I'd love to meet quality friends who are finding creative solutions to this struggle. Namaste!

Replies

• abelalvarez63
    abelalvarez63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wa
  • abelalvarez63
    abelalvarez63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Want to be friends AbelAlvarez
  • arrindellkaren
    arrindellkaren Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome results
  • vivianmeyer175
    vivianmeyer175 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to this app and the "community" aspect. I'm developing a relationship with both...lol!! You know how technology goes. I don't have my food entries or exercise entries dialed down yet and I'm not sure if that gets published here? It won't be accurate if it does show up here. I need to figure this all out (-:
  • bettermybod
    bettermybod Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Congratulations on your dedication and success! I'm struggling with even a 10-pound goal - gets harder with age.