New to this

Options
I'm a 28 year old mom of 2, I've struggled a very long time with my weight and am determined this time to stick with it and get heathy. My goal is to loose between 50-70 lb. I have struggled with getting off track and giving up. I'm doing this alone (support at home but still alone) so I could use some help motivation and friends who are going through this also.

Replies

• PeteG7606
    PeteG7606 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Start by changing your eating routine. Eat 6x a day. Same intake so you dont flip out, just cut your portions in half and eat every 2-3 hours. You may struggle for the first couple of days, but you have to get your body out of the starvation mode. You'll naturally start burning the extra calories and have more energy. Then start your workout and start subbing in healthier food options. DONT cheat on those first couple of days or it will take longer!!!
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    PeteG7606 wrote: »
    Eat 6x a day. Same intake so you dont flip out, just cut your portions in half and eat every 2-3 hours.

Well, you don't need to eat 6 times a day.. Just weigh everything you eat, so if you don't have a set of food scales at home it's a good plan to buy some since it does help to make sure you're not eating more than you might think.
    Even before cutting down, you can just log everything you eat for a few weeks before lowering your calorie intake until you get a hang of it and can see where any problem areas are. Say for example you're eating 2000cal a day for example, you could lower that by a deficit of say 100-200 and eat 1800cal instead.

As long as your body is burning more calories than you're consuming you should lose weight. Find our your BMR to find out Basal Metabolic Rate and find out your TDEE to find out how many calories you expend every day. You can read up more on CICO (calories in > calories out) in these forums and elsewhere online.

Can always feel free to add myself and some other people for a bit more motivation, it helps :)