Needing some like minded new friends!

I'm 32, 260, 5'7 & I have PCOS. I've got some work to do especially since I'm getting married in January. I'm really struggling to focus & stay on the right path mainly because I love food! I've been getting stressed out over losing weight so I haven't been losing weight. Lol. It's a vicious cycle. I've decided that instead of worrying about it which helps nothing I'm going to figure out how to get it done. I appreciate any help & support!

Replies

• Liftslikeagoddess
    Liftslikeagoddess Posts: 41 Member
    We're all here to help you on your way :D

Congratulations on getting married! Loosing weight and the stress of the wedding sounds so difficult, so really do wish you the best of luck.
  • flavia942017
    flavia942017 Posts: 1 Member
    I have just started trying to lose weight again, I completely get you because once you get used to eating a lot it gets really difficult to drop it. But it s just a matter of patience and compromise :) congratulations on getting married :) best wishes
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    I have a family wedding on 31st December.
    Serial starter, although managed to lose it all once.
    I have about 28lbs to lose.
    Busy, working, single mum of 3 who struggles to get time alone to exercise.
    Cheese over eater, wine lover :D:D
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Struggling with keeping the calories in check too! :sweat_smile:
  • SmyrnaTownie
    SmyrnaTownie Posts: 6 Member
    Full disclosure... I got fast food on my way home from a stressful meeting today. I just get a craving & go with it. I'm feeling pretty defeated today. :/
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Full disclosure... I got fast food on my way home from a stressful meeting today. I just get a craving & go with it. I'm feeling pretty defeated today. :/

get back at it tomorrow. I'm very impulsive and love to eat. so far I've been doing good. it's motivation for me to exercise more, because I can eat those calories, or chest a little. don't let a day of defeat discourage you from staying on the path. you can do it!
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    I started my fitness pal back in 2011 and lost 40 pounds, because i was in an unhappy relationship...i stopped a yearish later after i found the love of my life (now husband). I have put on happy fat caugh 45 pounds and want to lose it to start a family....so I am back on myfitnesspal and I have a fitbit...anyone that would love to add me...i would love some motivation...and will give some in return

Oh and I LOVE FOOD TOO
    ANY KIND HAHA
  • SmyrnaTownie
    edited August 2017
    Girl I weighed over 300 lbs at one point & got almost 100 lbs off to make a miserable relationship try to work & then I met my now fiancé & he spoiled me rotten & I gained around 50 so I feel you!
  • Ebiichu
    Ebiichu Posts: 1 Member
    I've been using my fitness pal for almost a month now. I'm also in my early 30's (gosh I hate admitting my age because I feel younger inside) but my drivers license says otherwise. I have PCOS l, I'm getting married next year and I'm struggling to lose weight to look and feel good for my wedding. It was Smyrna townie's post that caught my attention. I too feel the vicious cycle. School causes stress, stress leads to stress eating and or insomnia on top of it all life stressors.
  • SmyrnaTownie
    Well we can do this together!
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    you alls can add me.
  • Rebecca8676
    Rebecca8676 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me. I have just started tracking my food. I need to lose a stone!
  • CB8504
    CB8504 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm early 30s as well, PCOS, Hashimoto's and can't stop craving the bad food. My biggest struggle with losing weight is food. I just can't stop thinking about it until I get it. The past month I've been making baby steps to getting in shape. I've been working out 3 to 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes. I've reigned my calories down closer to my goal. I used to go at least 1,000 cals over and now I'm still going over 300-500 calories. MyFitnessPal has made me more conscious of the bad food I'm eating so I may start out eating bad but then stop myself or become more selective so I don't go crazy over calories so late in the day.
    Congratulations on your wedding! I hope we both can get our diet on the right track so we can reach our goals! Best wishes to you!
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    the best support anyone can ask for is friendship and helping each other get to our goal!!!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Hey hun! It doesn't matter how many times you start, the main thing is...Is that you don't give up! I started off at over 400lbs and now in the 230's, so I can totally understand what you are going through. Im also getting married next year but determined to get to my goal before I put any dress's on. We can do this together! ;-) Will add you!
  • shannypants621
    shannypants621 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! Please feel free to add me for encouragement and support.

Congratulations on your wedding! I am also 32 with PCOS, been married nearly 10 years myself and would like to have kids one day and this weight has got to come off!

We can do this together!
  • snibbets1
    snibbets1 Posts: 9 Member
    I find that MyFitnessPal is my best friend!! It keeps me focused and on track. My biggest motivation is my husband who was just dx with diabetes. He never started taking the meds because i immediately started him on a healthy diet and started tracking him on myfitness. He has lost 11lbs in 3 weeks and does not need the meds now. His levels are all normal. And his BP has dropped. We are also weaning ourselves into a vegan/plant food based lifestyle. I feel so much better and i am not hungry because i can eat so much more and stay satisfied. Even though i have hit a plateau i am still motivated because of how I feel. Good luck to you and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!