Need help only 3 days into 1200 calorie diet

Options
psdlvsjad
psdlvsjad Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello my name is jennifer
i am struggling to even hit the 1200 calories doctor put me on chromium picolinate and phentermine and i am worried i'm not getting enough food and today i've been feeling nauseous is this normal?

Replies

• tdaniels54
    tdaniels54 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1200 cal may be too low for you especially if you are exercising. The type of foods you eat also makes a difference. Try eating more protein.
  • jkddavis4
    jkddavis4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    those medications are dangerous look up the side effects. they cause stomech problems, and alot more problems with kidneys and liver. you get chromium in your food and really dont need to take pills.hope this helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Eat higher calorie foods. Are you in the obese category?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    what ninebuff said. 3 days isn't even started yet. talk to the doc but give it a chance.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I got nauseous for the first few days at 1200, too. People here in the forums recommended eating more protein and fats. It helps! I sometimes now eat scrambled eggs and some cheese, a handful of cashews or almonds, half an avocado. I found I have more energy and am less fatigued. If you're a morning coffee drinker, be sure to eat something instead of just bathing your empty stomach in acid. I had stopped eating bread, but now eat toast with my morning coffee and I don't get nauseous anymore.
  • psdlvsjad
    Options
    tdaniels54 wrote: »
    1200 cal may be too low for you especially if you are exercising. The type of foods you eat also makes a difference. Try eating more protein.

Thank you for your reply will definitively eat more protein. Feeling alot better today.
  • psdlvsjad
    Options
    jkddavis4 wrote: »
    those medications are dangerous look up the side effects. they cause stomech problems, and alot more problems with kidneys and liver. you get chromium in your food and really dont need to take pills.hope this helps.

Thx for the information.i am definitely aware of
    The side effects.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ive been on 1200 for 6 days now and its definitely up and down. I havent cut sugar or carbs yet but ive reduced the amount im eating by a huge amount so i am getting headaches etc. The biggest change i find is the afternoons. I use to feel very tired and lazy in the afternoons and now i seem to have this new boost of energy. Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Any big dietary changes can make someone feel really off. Be patient and give it at least a week for your body to adjust.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    First thing to do is make sure you are eating the right amount of calories for the amount of weight you have to lose, often people will pick 2lb rate of loss per week and this is not necessarily the most suitable rate of loss.

Take a read of this post, it explains how your calorie allowance from MFP is calculated based on the information you put in and the downsides of under-eating: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • kse2949
    kse2949 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree 1200 calories is too little if you are exercising. take one day at a time don't look at next week or when you will realize your desired outcome. Just work on today and enjoy your experience. listen to music, watch you favorite program, speak to someone you love or someone that loves you. don't take on more than you need to stress can make things more difficult. You have some great advice on this blog-follow what works for you.
    Go have a great day we are all here for you.
  • love_nat
    love_nat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree that chromium maybe useful to add to your diet, especially for those whom have insulin resistance. On a more basic note, make sure that you carefully read-up on your medications, perhaps take them with food and space out taking one in the morning and one at lunch. Also, your body is adjusting to your reduced calorie intake, if you feel comfortable enough in doing so, consider adding an extra 200 calories to help keep you satisfied. I would recommend this coming in the form of a healthy fat like sliced avocado or a few unsalted nuts, nothing crazy, just something that will satisfy your appetite.

Certificate in Food, Nutrition, and Health
    Certificate in Nutrition, Chronic Disease, and Health Promotion