40lbs in 12 weeks!

Options
leiramirez1
leiramirez1 Posts: 11 Member
Hey guys, I'm trying to loose 40lbs. I wanna weigh in every Friday! If you'd like you can post too. 3 years ago I weighed 280 and have managed to get down to 180...however i run on very little will power 100% of the time. I don't wanna take another year just for those 40lbs so if you wanna join my 3 month challenge I'll be here posting; I figure if I blog about it maybe it'll give me the strength to do it.

Replies

• kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Surely you DO have the willpower as you went from 280 to 180. The closer you get to the appropriate weight, the slow it gets.

Slow and steady wins the race. By trying to lose too quickly may in certain medical issues (hair loss, muscle loss....just to name a few).

I wish you luck at trying to achieve your goals but please do it safely, smartly, while considering your overall health during the process.
  • MakedasDNA
    MakedasDNA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to join in, not sure about the 40lbs in 3mth but shedding any weight is a step in the right direction...

Wish you success!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or maybe learn to lose weight in a sustainable way instead?
  • riemermichelle0
    riemermichelle0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll try just have to remember
  • bhattirabia1003
    bhattirabia1003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in.
    Starting weight: 185
  • bhattirabia1003
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You lost100 lbs! How did you do it? How are you planning to lose 40 pounds?
    I am thinking to take 1200 calories daily and walk 2-3 miles.
  • leiramirez1
    Options
    @bhattirabia1003

hey! So It was a process! What worked best for me was going vegan for 3 months. I lost about 30 pounds that way. I also did the Jillian Michaels work out videos for weeks at a time. Using this app to keep my calorie count under 1200 was also super helpful!
    I also walked 5 miles a day for 3 months 5 days a week and 30 pounds came off that way.
    The other 40 lbs I lost by taking a vegan organic protein shake for breakfast and a healthy meal for lunch and a snack for dinner like tea and toast. I remember snacking on mangoes a few times a week they really keep you full.

I'm planning on loosing 40lbs by running 5 miles 5 times a week doing some weights and keeping my calorie count under 1200. I also want to drink the organic protein shakes for breakfast and have a healthy lunch and tea and a snack for dinner. I also plan on buying mangoes and seeds to snack on.
  • bhattirabia1003
    Options
    Ok great. I like the idea of walking 5 miles a day for next 3 months.
    Let's do it together since I have to lose 40 lbs too. Are we reporting our progress daily, once a week or twice a week?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    @bhattirabia1003

hey! So It was a process! What worked best for me was going vegan for 3 months. I lost about 30 pounds that way. I also did the Jillian Michaels work out videos for weeks at a time. Using this app to keep my calorie count under 1200 was also super helpful!
    I also walked 5 miles a day for 3 months 5 days a week and 30 pounds came off that way.
    The other 40 lbs I lost by taking a vegan organic protein shake for breakfast and a healthy meal for lunch and a snack for dinner like tea and toast. I remember snacking on mangoes a few times a week they really keep you full.

I'm planning on loosing 40lbs by running 5 miles 5 times a week doing some weights and keeping my calorie count under 1200. I also want to drink the organic protein shakes for breakfast and have a healthy lunch and tea and a snack for dinner. I also plan on buying mangoes and seeds to snack on.

What "worked best for you" was having an unhealthy calorie goal. It had nothing to do with being vegan, drinking shakes or eating mango. Woo.

1200 is too few calories for most women, unless short, older and sedentary. If you want to lose a lot of muscle and become deficient in macro/micronutrients which can lead to some serious health issues, go right ahead and do that again!
  • leiramirez1
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean
    1200 calories per day is about the lowest a woman should go, when I had that calorie goal I took advantage and ate a lot of seeds, greens, soups and fruits that were low in sugar.
  • leiramirez1
    Options
    @bhattirabia1003 I'm going to be posting my progress every Friday so for me just once a week but if you wanna post more frequently you're very welcome to! :)
  • bhattirabia1003
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean
    1200 calories per day is about the lowest a woman should go, when I had that calorie goal I took advantage and ate a lot of seeds, greens, soups and fruits that were low in sugar.

and 1200 is not sustainable for everyone. the more active a person is the more they need calorie wise(same with if they are obese), its also going to depend on your height,weight and age. I would basically be starving to death on 1200 calories,even when I was sedentary 1200 was way too little. sounds like you were eating a lot less than that most times which is why the weight came off that quickly and with it lean mass(including muscle).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    3.33 lbs a week may be sustainable for someone obese but for the majority more than 2 lbs a week may be too much.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    @bhattirabia1003

You think you're going to be able to run 5 miles on less than 1200 cals a day...? :huh:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean

Are you aware why?

• susan741
    susan741 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You'll lose more weight if you incorporate weights in your workouts. Don't workout harder. Be smart about it. I tried doing 2 lbs a week and it's hard. There's no way I could work out for 2 hours doing what I do to have a deficit of 1,000 calories. You do realize you'd have to burn 7,000 calories a week to even lose 2 lbs. Your plan would require you to burn 11,500 or so a week. That's insane! If you're burning that many calories, you should be eating much more than 1200 calories a day. You're going to be starving yourself. You don't want to put that kind of stress in your body.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.