Do you have pets??

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    my dog and best friend happy scrappy hero pup formerly known as lady vader also known as girl and brown died on feb 4, 2008. i still cant believe it. i miss my brown. she was my only pet.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :cry: :cry: :cry: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There are no words...

:heart: :heart:

*Kistinbee*
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    My roommate has a doxiewawa and a rat terrior, but I love them like they were mine. I have a horse that I compete on the jumper circuit with.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this today kistinbee - how many calories do you earn crying?

The lovely lady pictured left is Guin. Today we were informed that we have to pick a day this week to put her to sleep. I knew it was coming, but it always hurts. She is 15 and is my bed cat - she has been sleeping next to my head her entire life - and is still doing so in her weakened state. Her picture will come down in a day or two since I can't be crying every time I log on.

We also have Furball, gray 17 year old. Triangles long-haired tabby, lucky 13. Janis big calico who is a recovering feral at 11. And the one always making us laugh, Iggy 2 years old - currently in my arms and making me type one-handed. All are pictured on my profile as well as two that have passed
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    We have 2 wonderful dogs Toffee CKCS aged 7 she will be 8 on 1st April unfortunately she has a heart condition and will be lucky to see 10 it seemed like a long time ago when we were told this but 8 this year and she is starting to look old as well but she is my baby got her when we moved into our first house we picked her up when we had only lived 3 days so we love her as much as our kids. We also have clifford he is CKCS X Bichon Frise and is fluffy ad cute and full of love. What I love about my dogs is they don't answer back they keep your feet warm in bed at nite both of them come to bed with us it woudln't be the same without them.

We also have 1 rabbit Buster she was reared by hand from 4 days old and its a miracle she survived my mum and I shringe fed the whole litter and all but 1 actually survived couldn't resist keeping 1 of them though.

We also recently acquired 3 guinea pigs 1 we got last summer he is called Zazu and is a really funny little guy.
    My baby guniea pigs are only a couple of months old and are long haired they look like wigs with legs they are called Tinker and Bell.

And just to finish we have a tropical fish tank and three children.

Wouldn't change any of it in fact we are looking into getting a rough haired collie pup next year she will be called Amber or Honey.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this today kistinbee - how many calories do you earn crying?

The lovely lady pictured left is Guin. Today we were informed that we have to pick a day this week to put her to sleep. I knew it was coming, but it always hurts. She is 15 and is my bed cat - she has been sleeping next to my head her entire life - and is still doing so in her weakened state. Her picture will come down in a day or two since I can't be crying every time I log on.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :cry: :cry: :cry: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Again, there are absolutely no words...

They are our best friends...more loyal than a human could ever be. All who have lost, are losing, or will lose...you are in my thoughts and prayers always...
    :heart: :heart:

*Kistinbee*
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am in absolute tears as I write this. I am so sorry to hear about having to put down your cat and just losing a pet recently. I don't know how hard this must be for you. :brokenheart:

I have two cats (Mom - Pog and daughter - PJ) both are about 14 and three dogs. First is my pride a joy Cheech the chihuahua. He is about 12 or 13, no teeth, almost blind and I just love him to pieces. We have had him for about 7 years now. Second is Jake our Bordie Collie about 6 years old and we have had him for about 8 months now. Fantastic animal with a laid back personality. Our latest addition is Molly who we have had for about 3 months now. Shes a Heinz 57 and probably the weirdest wildest dog I have ever seen in my life. I love her to pieces. All three of our pups are rescue dogs and we have no idea their backgrounds. They have all been a great fit into our family (Hubby, two teens and me) and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I would like to find a dog walker though :tongue: Oh, we don't live on a farm. We have a small house in Calgary and yes, everytime I see a poochie that needs a home, I am ready to take another.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    We have 5 dogs, you can see thier pictures on my profile.
    1. Chloe Rae-Mama's little angle she is a Miniature Pinscher and the best dog EVER!! 5yrs old

2. Chelsea Marie- Daschund/Beagle mix 11 yrs old

3. Satin Lace-Italian Greyhound -Daddy's angel 4 years old

4. Slate Lee aka "Punk"- Italian Greyhound 3 years old (just a punk!!!)

5. Amos Kong- Doberman Pinscher 2 years old - most gorgeous dog ever and a big teddy bear

And we also have 4 cats, Sugar Bear, Milti, George, and KiKi who is pregnant!!!

Love my furry friends!!!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have two children and also some furry ones! We have an 11 year old Bassett Hound named Daisy, a ten week old bassett hound named Hoover (he is in my pictures if you click my profile) and a guinea pig named Rosy. We just recently lost our other guinea pig. His name was Rascal and we all loved him very much. I think all four of us cried when it happened. I never in a million years thought you could grow so attached to a rodent but he had so much personality. We miss him.
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Taffy is my baby, a husky and I think German Sheppard mix. I also have Maggie, my partners collie.

The between us we have 5 rats, Samson, Angel, Zorro, Holly and Ivy. And the girls do NOT live with the boys!

Jane
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options

We also have Furball, gray 17 year old. Triangles long-haired tabby, lucky 13. Janis big calico who is a recovering feral at 11. And the one always making us laugh, Iggy 2 years old - currently in my arms and making me type one-handed. All are pictured on my profile as well as two that have passed

This is my Bonnie, i rescued her in october. She has been pure joy and love to hike and climb mountains with me. So thats a win win.

I will pray for Guin and for you to have the strength to get thru this time. I have had to make that decision 2 times now and know how your heart is breaking. :heart:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have two 5 year old Giant Scnauzers....they are brother and sister (Logan and Sierra)! My husband made the mistake of taking me along to get a puppy, we came home with two!!!!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • kckat96
    Options
    I have a Linny (bird) who thinks she is a kid. Her name is Little Miss Crazy Lady and the light of my life. When I get up in the morning she whistles and talks to me. Gives me kisses and tells me she loves me. When I come home from work, she greets me with more whistles and kisses. Flys around the room and then comes back to my shoulder to poop. (haha) Thats getting back at mom for going off to work and leaving her home. No matter what's a little poop between family....love and hugs kckat96

ps picture is in my profile.
  • happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know how this happened, but one day our house turned into the local zoo. Actually it was over a longer period than a day, lol! We have 3 cats, Princess, Pepper, and Tigger. We have a bearded dragon the kids named Reiko. My two kids each have a hamster, however my daughter (who is 6) experienced her first death on Saturday when she discovered her hamster had died in his sleep. So Sunday we bought her another hamster she named Buddy. We also have a 10 month old beagle named Missy, and a 11 week old pug named Molly.

And I get to look after them all, lmao!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We have three cats; two crazy gray and white males (Henri and Pablo) and one very dignified all-black female, Iggy. Poor Iggy. How awful for her to have to live with those rascals. Someday soon we will add a dog to the mix. Let's see how the cats like *that*!
    :happy:

Mary, I'm so sorry for your little Guin.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea.

Well I have no dogs as we are gone quite alot and don't have a fenced yard. But in the summer I raise orphan kittens.

We also have 3 other cats. Black cat who is 7 years old now has moved around alot with us and is as mellow as they come but is starting to feel his age. Then Squirt who is pictured with me. He is a stray my husband brought home after no one claimed him. He is so cool he wipes his feet at the door. He is a orange of course and has no tiger striping at all with long beautiful hair and a puffy tail like a fox. Then finally we have Penny Monster. Penny monster started her life in an abandoned vehicle we figure. A customer called my husband saying they could hear a cat and were afraid to leave the place they were delivering flowers to. So He went and found her perched on top of a transmission. She smelled of oil so strongly that Penzoil became her first name shortened to Penny because of the color of her eyes. For the first few months we had her she had to stay on a leash to keep her away from cars because she would want to crawl up into them. Monster became her second name because.....well she just is in so many ways.

As much as I would love a puppy I just cannot do it with 3 kids at home. We also just added a few fish. But my boys love bringing home salamanders, snakes and other creepy crawlies home.:grumble: :grumble: . Last year we had a wading pool full of them. There is a pond next to our house with thousands of frogs too. That have begun to sing again. Spring is a comin.
  • morocculous
    Options
    I have a pitbull.....and he loves to cuttlle;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help save this bread of dogs ,DO WHAT U CAN IN YOUR STATE TO SIGN THE PETITIONS ,SO SAD THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR HUMANS CRUELTY...my buddie loves humans ,childrens .........and all the pitbull that i know are not agressive at all

PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED!!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have a pitbull.....and he loves to cuttlle;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help save this bread of dogs ,DO WHAT U CAN IN YOUR STATE TO SIGN THE PETITIONS ,SO SAD THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR HUMANS CRUELTY...my buddie loves humans ,childrens .........and all the pitbull that i know are not agressive at all

PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED!!!!
    I always say "its the way they are raised and treated" I had a boxer/pit mix and he was the greatest dog. I had to have him put down when he was 8 as he got cancer. I sure miss him. Dog shouldn't have to pay for what the owners and irresponsible breeders do!!!!!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    I have an almost 2 year old chihuahua named Raffi. Not exactly a the greatest hiking/exercise partner but she's a great bed warmer :laugh: Her picture is in my profile.

Great topic matter. It's nice to see another side of everyone.
  • brendab
    Options
    my dog and best friend happy scrappy hero pup formerly known as lady vader also known as girl and brown died on feb 4, 2008. i still cant believe it. i miss my brown. she was my only pet.

I am sooo sorry, this made me sad. There's nothing as special as love from a dog....it's unconditional.:flowerforyou:
  • brendab
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :brokenheart: My heart is hurting for Mary too........Bren