All over toning tips please

Options
I have lost a stone and want to tone up all over. I currently swim twice a week, go to spin once a week and body balance. I would like some advice, I need to tone my waist the most. Thanks in advance

Replies

• tara5000mfp
    tara5000mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you have a bit of money, invest in a Kettlebell or two. There a ton of KB workout videos on YouTube as well as great pins on Pinterest. KB swings are great for overall strength and cardio work. Start with a 15lb KB and progress from there. I agree with the other poster as well... keep consistent with your deficit.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Kettle bells sound like fun, I've never actually tried them. Dumbbells would work, as would barbells, machines at the gym and body weight strength training exercise. Lots of ways to train. Do you have any restrictions or preferences?
  • tara5000mfp
    Options
    i have no real preference and have no idea what I need to do really. Thanks for your help everyone.

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yoga and pilates are excellent for toning, as is resistance training. Have you tried PiYo?
  • tara5000mfp
    Options
    ThNks for the advice, I will add in more yoga and Pilates. I've never heard of PiYo?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've just got a Davina McCall DVD "seven to fit" - its lots of 7-minute workouts (plus a 3 min warm up and 7 min cool down) which really work the core region - and most other regions, but the abs sections are awesome (she says nursing her sore muscles!). As there's 10 different sections you can really mix it up, and even the fat burning sections include some toning. I already work out quite a lot but had not really put so much into my toning (as I love dance-based stuff which tends to focus on the cardio) and this is really working for me after only a week.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Try whole body exercises. The ones that involve almost all main muscles groups in a multiple planes. And 7 min it's tooooo short. You need to stress your body for at least 25 min, then only fat begins burn
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Lose fat, gain muscle. Be patient and persistent, it will happen.