Morning fasting

Options

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I consider it normal (for me) to have a very late or no breakfast. I find it easier to keep within my daily calories that way, and I can have a nice big main meal.
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've started doing the same, skipping breakfast and surviving on tea and water until about 1pm.
    Also gone with a Keto/HFLC diet, with a calorie deficit.
    It's working - but I couldn't say how much can be attributed to the intermittent fasting.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do IF....sometimes I have black coffee in the AM, and between noon and 8 I can eat, after that I just drink water/no Cal beverages
  • dlharris1
    dlharris1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, lots of different opinions! Main reason I wanted to try is to have more cals left in evenings really, as i like a bigger dinner. Plus I cycle early morning to work and I've heard various things about burning fat while exercising before eating for the day. I know delaying first meal isn't anything extreme, but for me (who eats usually within an hour of waking and also snacks a lot throughout day) it is a big change.

So I've just finished day three and believe it or not I'm 3 whole lbs down. So safe to say I'll be continuing! I'm even quite enjoying the lighter feeling mornings and not being bothered hunger!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I skip breakfast and put off eating for as long as possible/when I'm actually truly hungry which i never am in the morning, so i have more calories for the evening.

I wouldn't call what i do fasting though, as i drink tea with milk all day before my first meal.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    dlharris1 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments, lots of different opinions! Main reason I wanted to try is to have more cals left in evenings really, as i like a bigger dinner. Plus I cycle early morning to work and I've heard various things about burning fat while exercising before eating for the day. I know delaying first meal isn't anything extreme, but for me (who eats usually within an hour of waking and also snacks a lot throughout day) it is a big change.

That's perfectly reasonable. I think it's good to try things and see what works for you, and I know if you are used to eating all the time it can feel like a big change. I'm glad you are liking it so far!

(I was responding before to the person who seemed to be misunderstanding and thinking people were anti skipping breakfast or timing calories (IF). I don't think it does anything magic, but if you'd enjoy eating more in the evening and skipping breakfast, great idea. I avoiding snacking for similar reasons.)
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is very good practice. I am on it for many years. Keep weight 120 lb since my high school. I am 63 y/o.
    It' s helping people who have discipline, not to binge after fasting for few hrs. Just eat your normal meal like nothing happens. The best fasting are 18, 20, 22, 24 hrs. But still your next meal has to be normal