BEER???

Options
I'm a beer drinking kinda girl. I like the taste and I know my limit. Unlike liquor that just creeps up on me lol my question is what beer is best? I found 55calories in Bud Select. Do u guys trust the calories on the box?

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it, but 55 calories for a beer, is great, if it does taste good. I drink Budlight and it's 110 calories. I might have to try it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not a fan of beer made from rice so I don't drink any Bud products. If you like it, go for it. I drink Miller Lite and they also have MGD 64 which I have tried.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have a thing about drinking beer the same color as urine. Pass.
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Bud light .
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I drink MIchelob Ultra Light - 95 calories and 2.5 carbs. MFP counts the carbs as 3.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I enjoy beer too much to try and swap it out for a low calorie one.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    tried it, didn't like it too much. Within the calorie range which is great. If you don't mind the low ac it's great. I like craft beers better so just make room for the calories...
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    That's really low for beer, but the bottom line is if you like the taste. I make room in my calories for a Corona now and again if I'm really in the mood, otherwise it's wine spritzers these days.

Also want to add that I have a friend who drinks the Michelob Ultra. About a 6 pack a day actually, so then the calories really do add up.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I budget my calories so I can have a beer with my husband. I like light beers, Miller and Budweiser. Yes you can trust the calories they print on the box. My problem is once I'm one beer in, I stop caring about losing weight, and the snacking begins! It's much easier for me just to skip the beer, and have herbal tea instead.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    idk if I'd call it beer if its mostly water.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    2.4% ABV. I'll pass. Calories in alcohol are directly tied to the alcohol percentage. The lower the calories, the closer to water...
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I think a big issue w/ beer and losing weight/MFP is finding the calorie counts for newer or less popular craft beers. Sometimes you just have to estimate/guess. So what's some of your favorite beers or breweries?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting on weekends so I have more calories and enjoy a nice craft ale, might be 200-250 cals but I usually only have 1 or 2.
  • CyclingRoadie6
    CyclingRoadie6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bella98902 wrote: »
    I'm a beer drinking kinda girl. I like the taste and I know my limit. Unlike liquor that just creeps up on me lol my question is what beer is best? I found 55calories in Bud Select. Do u guys trust the calories on the box?

My suggestion is if you have a favorite beer you like to drink, then choose that over something that doesn't have any flavor. If you are picking a light beer because there is a belief that it is better for you and there are fewer calories, you may as well drink water instead. And what fun is that?!! Enjoy the beer you like best, but like you said, know your limit.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    bella98902 wrote: »
    what beer is best?

Now that's a great question. According to Beer Advocate, Kentucky Brunch Stout from Toppling Goliath is the highest rated beer among its users. Those ratings are kind of skewed toward high-gravity "whales".

My best beer is probably Ardea Insignis from Central Waters.

My favorite "every day" beer would have to be Three Floyds' Zombie Dust or Bell's Two-Hearted.