Calories in a chicken breast

Options
I just ate 2 grilled chicken breasts for dinner. Skinless boneless, I'm not sure of how many ounces they were but pretty big, this is probably one of those questions I'm sure but I'm clueless.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Next time weigh them first, raw. If they were big, I would assume they were greater than 4 oz. Google what 4,6 and 8 oz looks like compared to a fist.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, unless you weighed it, there's no way for us to give you any numbers.

You can always search on the USDA site...if you didn't weigh it, just guess at 14 ounces or something.

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Do you have anymore in the fridge you could weigh instead? They are usually about the same size in a package. If no,t see if you can find the USDA entry for a single chicken breast. It's there. I will admit to using it.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    One chicken breast in those fresh packs in Walmart is generally 3-4 servings each. One weighs 12-15oz for one breast.

I weighed enough to know. You're welcome.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I just prepared 32 ounces of raw skinless chicken breasts for a recipe. There were two very large and one large breast. I did not weigh each one, but I assume the one large one was about 8 to 9 ounces raw.
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ooh grilled chicken breasts! Packed with protein and very little fat. Very good for you! I eat a lot of it. Anyhow, 2 breasts in one sitting is pretty impressive. LOL I eat about a half breast in a serving usually and it's about 200g. So I would bet 2 breasts that are big are about 800g total. These are cooked weights not raw. That's about 1300 calories and 250 grams of protein which is well, A LOT!! I honestly don't know how you ate that much. That would give me a tummy ache. lol I could easily eat that many calories in something like pasta in cream sauce but not chicken! Too dense for me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ooh grilled chicken breasts! Packed with protein and very little fat. Very good for you! I eat a lot of it. Anyhow, 2 breasts in one sitting is pretty impressive. LOL I eat about a half breast in a serving usually and it's about 200g. So I would bet 2 breasts that are big are about 800g total. These are cooked weights not raw. That's about 1300 calories and 250 grams of protein which is well, A LOT!! I honestly don't know how you ate that much. That would give me a tummy ache. lol I could easily eat that many calories in something like pasta in cream sauce but not chicken! Too dense for me.

How the *kitten* is two chicken breasts THAT MUCH food, so much that you can't believe someone could possibly eat it. Then you continue to go on and on about how you just can't believe the OP could eat that much. Rude.

Two chicken breasts is nothing.