WAISTING A-WEIGH - AUGUST TEAM CHALLENGE ((CLOSED GROUP))

Options

Replies

• hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!!
    I'm Holly, I'm an Aries, I like long walks on the beach, long bubble baths..... and FOOOOOOOD!!!

This is my first MFP Challenge, so hoping to get a big kick start into my weight loss. I have about 125 lbs to lose TOTAL, but am looking to lose 15 lbs in the month of August!! Since i'm just getting started in my weight loss efforts, and have so much to lose, i'm pretty confident I can make this goal!
    Since i'm not sure how these challenges normally work, i'm not sure what to even suggest for challenges, but i'm sure whatever it is, i'm gonna do it!!

Good Luck Everyone!! :)
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Dawn...I'm currently at 172.6 as of Monday 7/25 I am participating in another challenge (10 days) and one of my goals was to NOT step on the scale for 10 days. Talk about tough!!!!! I have a tendency to be a little addicted to the scale to determine my success or not...so this is a DETOX for me :)

My goal is to lose 5 lbs for the August challenge.

Suggestions:

Food--1- Add 1 cup of fresh fruits and vegetables to daily meals.
    2-Add protein to daily diet (example 20g or keep protein to 100g per day, etc)

Strength--I like the 100 push ups 100 sit ups 25 squats per day idea

Cardio--45 min of cardio 3x per week

Distance--not sure about this one.

Couple of questions...are we also including measurements??? And what is the quickest way to get to this thread? Do we check this thread daily? will there be emails with updates?

Thanks and good luck everyone!!!!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a parrot too! ahahhahaha
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    NEW SIGNATURE!!
    waistinaweighsignature-1.png

Make the IMG lower case!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I have only heard from 8 out of 20 team mates! I need help reaching them all! I will post EVERYTHING here because I can't seem to send out a bulk message. Check here for updates! The challenge list is almost complete. I'll have the preliminary list up later this evening and we'll finalize it by the end of tomorrow.
  • dkjohnson
    dkjohnson Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello team mates! My name is Debbie and I am 57 yrs. old. I can't wait to start the August Team Challenge!!

I started off at 251.6 pounds. I am down 34 pounds now!

My goal is to lose 10 pounds during the month of August.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    PLEASE READ THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY!!!!!

WEEK 1 STARTING ON MONDAY, AUGUST 1

TEAM CHALLENGE:
    Log every day and not go over calories, Monday - Saturday
    Log at least 64 oz. of water, Monday - Saturday
    **If each team member completes this EVERY day Monday - Saturday, we will earn 5 points**

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    Monday - 100 jumping jacks
    Tuesday - Walk, run, or jog 1 mile (IN ADDITION TO YOUR REGULAR EXERCISE)
    Wednesday - 50 sit ups or crunches
    Thursday - 40 up and downs
    Friday - 25 pushups
    Saturday - 25 squat lunges
    **For each daily challenge you complete, you will receive 1 point. If all team members complete all challenges, we will earn 5 points**

WEIGHT LOSS:
    You will receive 1 point for each pound lost during the week!

Now, I know we are all thinking "I can't do some of this".... DON'T UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF!!!
    If you have to break them up into sets, do so, just complete the challenge!!! Also, if you need a modification of some of the exercises, feel free to ask me!

*********REMEMBER!!!! These challenges are NOT replacements for your regular exercise, this is in addition to it!**********

WE CAN DO THIS! LET'S KICK THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST!!!!

GO TEAM WAISTIN' A-WEIGH!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What are up downs?
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    lhurtubise, I was wondering the same thing. Figured they are like stepping up on a step and down, repeat.

Jill, I love the new image. Thanks for doing that!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I also don't know what an "up and down" is.

Do we post our daily results here?

How do I put the image on my profile? (complete idiot with the computer...)

I am SO excited about this! I've tried a couple of challenges before but never completed them, but in this case, with a team, I really think it's going to keep me motivated 'cause it's not just about me any more!

Good luck team!!!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I am waiting on clarification on the up downs. Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiIoXedx1qk&feature=related.

I WILL FIND OUT FOR SURE!!!
  • ashkas2
    ashkas2 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Ashley. When I played softball in high school, an up and down was where you stood up completely then laid down flat over and over with no assistance and no pause. It's tougher than it sounds. ughh....

starting weight- 246
    total goal weight-175
    Aug goal weight-236
  • amandamiles69
    Options
    Hey everyone. Im sooo excited to get myself into shape and work like crazy to help out our team and most of all accomplish what I've been trying to do for years. SHED THESE POUNDS!! I've had a few complications with my health and my goal is to get off of Blood pressure meds.
    I'm totally new at this so hope I gave you all the info.

SW: 203.6 on MFP
    CW: 176.2
    WG # 1: 177
    WG # 2: 168.
    WG # 3: 158
    WG # 4: 145
    WG # 5: 140 Reward myself with a shopping spree:-)))) and NO MORE B/P MEDS
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first challenge on MFP. I'm hoping it will help hold me accountable and to help me jump start my weight loss. I am 30 years old and currently weigh 174. A realistic goal for me this month would be to lose 8 pounds. Ready to get this started and very excited!
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Newbie question! :)

I assume when the challenge reads not to go over on calories that means end total, right? (or more simply: we should still eat some of our exercise points, just not end up in the red for the whole day, yes?)

And me to the pile of no idea what an up and down is. :)
  • lilallen05
    lilallen05 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Heather and this is my first challenge as well!! Im really excited to kick the crap outta august :D
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Karen, full time mum to 5 children 1 at home full time
    S.W. 226
    C.W. 216
    G.W. 210 (August)
    G.W. 150

up and downs are burpees and i HATE them but i will try my upmost best. Love the idea of points for completing challenges, some real motivation

anyone here feel free to add me as a friend
  • mackenziestack
    Options
    Hey Everyone I'm Mackenzie and I'm ready to kick the crap out of August ! :)
    My realistic weight loss goal is 8 pounds for august .
  • mcgowan0930
    Options
    Hey yall!! Im Amber!! So excited about the august challange!! Can't wait to get to know all of you!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    Hey everyone. Im sooo excited to get myself into shape and work like crazy to help out our team and most of all accomplish what I've been trying to do for years. SHED THESE POUNDS!! I've had a few complications with my health and my goal is to get off of Blood pressure meds.
    I'm totally new at this so hope I gave you all the info.

What is your weight loss goal for the month?