3 Meals A Day Challenge! Seems easy, but you'll be surprised...

Options
Katherinelittle24
Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
Hi guys! So yesterday I decided that I am going to set challenges for myself because I feel like this can really help me with my weight loss journey. Now, I listed 3 Meals A Day as a challenge because having to only eat three meals a day is definitely a challenge for me. The Three Meals a Day Challenge consist of only eating three meals. So for example, if I am craving some chips that's fine. I could have chips with my lunch, but then in order to eat again I would have to wait till Dinner so you may want to eat something that is pretty filing. This is to prevent me from snacking. Now, yesterday I did this challenge and it was extremely difficult for me especially at night because I ate at 7PM but then at 10PM I was hungry again and I pushed myself not to eat until morning and I didn't :) it's kind of like fasting in a way.

Three Meals A Challenge (for me)

Breakfast: 10:00AM

Lunch: 2:00PM

Dinner: 6, or 7PM

If I need a snack, I'm only going to eat an apply and, or an orange :)

This may seem kind of strict but if I eat a big breakfast, lunch and dinner I'm sure I'll be fine. The only reason why I am always hungry because I'm so used to eating so much food, and sometimes even 6 meals a day with snacks and right now, my stomach and body needs to get used to this new lifestyle of mine.

I'm going to try this for a week and see if I see any results :) anyone else want to challenge yourself to eating only 3 meals a day? just try it and see how you feel!

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I totally need this this week! I love challenges like this!

I think that eating 3 meals a day is great way to eliminate that nasty habit of having to chew something all the time.

So, I am in! A week is not a long time, so sounds doable! :)

One question - I usually have a cup of white coffee in the morning that I count as part of breakfast, but I like to stretch it through the entire morning, drinking slowly while working. Can I keep that?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Good luck... I gave up eating snacks/mini meals a couple of years ago, and thought I'd die without constant food. I'm still alive! (and feel more satisfied on less meals than I ever did eating every couple of hours)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    yeah, good luck - I prefer to graze during the day, as long as it fits my calories (my MFP diary is divided up into time periods rather than meals)
  • Marieschneider026
    Marieschneider026 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll try it!
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 1: done :sweat_smile:
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 2: done :)
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! So yesterday I decided that I am going to set challenges for myself because I feel like this can really help me with my weight loss journey. Now, I listed 3 Meals A Day as a challenge because having to only eat three meals a day is definitely a challenge for me. The Three Meals a Day Challenge consist of only eating three meals. So for example, if I am craving some chips that's fine. I could have chips with my lunch, but then in order to eat again I would have to wait till Dinner so you may want to eat something that is pretty filing. This is to prevent me from snacking. Now, yesterday I did this challenge and it was extremely difficult for me especially at night because I ate at 7PM but then at 10PM I was hungry again and I pushed myself not to eat until morning and I didn't :) it's kind of like fasting in a way.

Three Meals A Challenge (for me)

Breakfast: 10:00AM

Lunch: 2:00PM

Dinner: 6, or 7PM

If I need a snack, I'm only going to eat an apply and, or an orange :)

This may seem kind of strict but if I eat a big breakfast, lunch and dinner I'm sure I'll be fine. The only reason why I am always hungry because I'm so used to eating so much food, and sometimes even 6 meals a day with snacks and right now, my stomach and body needs to get used to this new lifestyle of mine.

I'm going to try this for a week and see if I see any results :) anyone else want to challenge yourself to eating only 3 meals a day? just try it and see how you feel!

Love your message about eating only three meals a day, with cutting out your junk foods!
    I enjoy my foods, always have from day one! For me No junk foods as in candy bars, cakes, chips and regular ice creams.
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    And today I try my 3 meals a day for a week
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just seen this challenge and I am in! Going to be difficult for me as I work nights so therefore snack all night