100lb + to lose I'm going to be here for a while

Options

Replies

• lilc922
    lilc922 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We'll stick with it together! Feel free to add me :)
  • raynax
    raynax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a 100 but don't know how. r
  • cgervaisx2
    cgervaisx2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in. I have been steadily gaining weight here at 66. The dietitian told me I wasn't eating enough. I ate about 900 calories usually. I am confounded by the weight gain. I need to lose at least 35lbs but it won't come off and I have been trying for several years. Just don't get it so I have decided not to go over about 700 calories and am trying 1234 Meritrim. We'll see.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    It kind of like AA, those that reach their goal with MFP, stop logging in, and gain weight. But soon realize they need to stay with MFP to maintain and not go back to their high weight.
    It's ok, it took a long time to get where you are, and it will take time to to get healthy again.
    Hang in there, you CAN do it!
  • Gab149
    Gab149 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got about 10 or 15 more lbs I'd like to lose, but I'm planning to stick around for the long haul to track maintenance. You can add me if you like. :)
  • CheekieM0nkey
    CheekieM0nkey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    91 pounds lost and definitely more to go! Always looking for friends! Feel free to add me.
  • teenster3
    teenster3 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. I have logged in for 16 days now and keep up on my food/exercise journals, it helps so much!!!
  • Dobefan505
    Dobefan505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the long haul with 100+ pounds to go. Feel free to add me - anyone
  • complicateme86
    complicateme86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Trying to get stubborn baby weight off (my son is 3 1/2 now!). 40lbs to lose with no excuses (I work as a dietitian). Looking for new friends to help with motivation, especially regarding exercise.
  • daniellelupton86
    daniellelupton86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me everyone
  • chloeivo95
    chloeivo95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to go before I reach my (first) goal. I would love online support from people in the same boat! I'm a working mother of one (14 mo) and really need to stay motivated
  • keli322
    keli322 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group. Not sure how to do that actually, but I too have over 100 lbs to lose. I have logged my food for 20 days. I have lost 8 lbs so far. Takes much longer to come off than it did to come on! I am working on adding steps and exercise to my day now. Any tips welcome!
  • k8mp
    k8mp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the thread, but I'm down 58 with another 54 to go to hit my goal. Then maybe another 30 once I get there! Feel free to add me!
  • Focus83
    Focus83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also have 100lbs + to lose. :( only on day 3 so far so very long way to go x
  • jasminesparks1991
    jasminesparks1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got 100+lbs to lose. I'll be here for a good while. Currently doing keto. Add me I need motivation lol!
  • warmxintentions
    warmxintentions Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Got 100+lbs to lose. I'll be here for a good while. Currently doing keto. Add me I need motivation lol!

Ive been keto for 3 months and i LOVE it!
  • warmxintentions
    warmxintentions Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, i had 150 to lose, lost 35 so far and have 115 more to go....it took me a while to out this weight on, and its gna be a while until it all comes off! Stay strong!
  • bumblebee_at
    bumblebee_at Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting a journey to lose about 120 lbs. I'll also be here a while. Would love to support others and be supported!
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have lost 209 lbs, it has taken me 3 years and about 3 months... trust me- if I can do it, you can.

The thing that I recommend is to tell EVERYONE you are trying.

There are reasons for this that worked for me.

First of all, you will get tons of support! People are very kind.

Second, you will get nasty comments along the way like- one of my favorites "So are you still losing?, or "Have you gained any back yet?" People can be very unkind!

Third, people won't tempt you with tasty but not-so-great for a diet foods.

My friends at work eat their baked goods away from me and for my birthday they bring in "fruit cakes"- just a bunch of real fruit!

All of this really helps me.

I didn't want the unkind people to have the satisfaction of seeing me gain weight back.

I wanted to thank the people who support me.

Also, and this worked for me, I don't know if it will help you, but when I started I was 338lbs on a 5'4, medium frame, and I was unhappy. And I DID not love myself.

When people say "You have to lose weight for yourself" well that only works if you like yourself!

If you are like me, I had to do it for someone I loved. In this case it was my elderly mom. My dad died, my mom had a stroke, I moved back home to help her. I couldn't do it and work my full time and two part time jobs, weighing what I did.

So I did it for her.

Now I like myself a little more, I keep on trying and I do have hard days, so scared I will put it back on, but it does get easier.

I do feel so much better. I still hear people ask me if I have put any back on- and that keeps me motivated, too!

I also get weighed every day, and here is why- the scale is so weird- water weight and how full or empty your tummy and intestines are make a difference.

If I get weighed every day I can see trends. And I know I can't gain 3 lbs in one day, nor lose that many, so I see for a fact that the scale isn't the most accurate of measures! It helps! Rather than doing it once a week and, if that day is a funky water-weight day, being miserable all week!

Use the Happy Scale app and weigh in every day if the scale is something that drives you crazy!

Another thing, at 338lbs I was in NO SHAPE to start exercising right away- mentally or physically. I took it one thing at a time and didn't exercise until I had lost 80lbs. Now I run every day.

God bless you all on your journey and I thank you for helping to motivate me.

• kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    9ni297xr69ss.jpg