pedometers ?

Options
jodazary
jodazary Posts: 144 Member
i bought me one last night that was supposed to estimate calories burned and measure your steps in both steps and miles well i programmed it ( okay my son did) put it one go for a 5 mile walk with mallory we know its 5 miles actually a little more because of the lengths of the laps of the track and that stupid thing said i burned 3 calories had taken 77 steps and .533 of a mile in an hour and half guess where its going today right back to where it came from

Replies

• enidstewart
    Options
    I have a couple like that. Very annoying
  • enidstewart
    Options
  • enidstewart
    Options
  • enidstewart
    Options
  • mjk0406
    mjk0406 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used a Polar pedometer tracker for years. I was always amazed at how it was able to track my distance. Sounds like the one you got didn't work out quite as well. Maybe it can estimate the shipping mileage as you send it back to where it came from. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I like to use the GPS function on my smart phone (Android). I assume its pretty accurate, eventually I'll get a HRM and try to sync it all up all crazy running cyborg like.
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty good except it also calculates your average speed and its always way off. Today I walked for 30 mins with an average speed of 54kms/h.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mine is an Omron and seems pretty good.
  • Laney25
    Laney25 Posts: 5
    Options
    Mine is an Omron and seems pretty good.

I have an Omron, too, and I'm very happy with it.
  • bettey55
    bettey55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a Lifestyles. Ordered on line, it is very accurate and I've been using the same wone for about 3 years. I gotta say it was a good investment.
  • coolbrz60
    coolbrz60 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you have and iPhone or iPod touch the nike + GPS works great. It says it is for running but I use it for my walks. I doesn't measure steps though.