How to satisfy my sweet tooth??

Options
When all my kids are in bed, it's "me time" and usually I just want to sit down, watch some TV and eat! I tend to have a sweet-tooth and want things like ice-cream, but I want to change my bad habits.

What are some alternatives you all use to satisfy your sweet tooth and snacking urges??

Replies

• rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I wanna hear suggestions to this question too hehe
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    freeze a banana! mash it up and put it in a cup or something, and stick it in the freezer. it has the same feel of ice cream. if you dont like bananas though experiment with different fruits :D (blueberries and raspberries are GREAT)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Have something sweet??

A piece of fruit, or a lower fat icecream (like Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers), or a square of chocolate are all good sweet treats!
  • robotics500
    robotics500 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I rediscovered fruits. oranges and apples are incredibly sweet. I love bananas but they tend to be a little more in the calories department. Whenever i want sweets those are my go to.
  • danie07
    danie07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding with fat free cool whip always helps me. I felt like I was cheating and it was low calories and didnt hurt my weight loss.
  • arush22
    arush22 Posts: 11
    Options
    I try and pick lowfat sweets like 90 calorie granola bars and if I have to have ice cream, I will have a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. Only 140 calories and 2 grams of fat. And I try not to eat after 7pm...which seems to help with my weight loss.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I discovered this recipe from one of my friends:

Chocolate No Bake Cookies

1/4 cup(s) milk (I use 2%)
    2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa, powder
    3 Tbsp sugar
    1/4 cup(s) peanut butter
    1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
    2 tsp canola oil

Instructions

* Mix milk, cocoa powder and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat.

* Bring to boil, then remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir into mix until melted.

* Stir in oatmeal and oil.

* Drop 12 spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for at least four hours; they are better the day after you make them. Yields one cookie per serving.

I figured that they are about 85 calories each. But the trick is eating just one! They are a great cookie for chocolate lovers though!
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    I like the little pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate... I usually take 3 and then walk away from the jar.... LOL! :)
  • losclrk
    losclrk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nectarines, my new favorite love!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have an apple or a rice cake with honey on it. (Which is very good for you.)
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Apples tend to take care of my sweet tooth & keep you full for a while. Another thing I do when I want (ice cream) I get a cup of frozen cherries or blueberries & mix w/ 2 tblsp. of vanilla low fat yogurt. The fozen fruit freezes the yogurt after a min. or so & it has the icecream feel to it. If I don't have that avail I eat a skinny cow...LOL
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip!! Soooo good also Sugar free popsicles !!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    FRUIT, but sometimes that dont always do the trick so low cal ice cream single serving treats, and I really like the fiber one products they have the new brownie and the bars which are under 100 cal
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    mmmmm Thanks for sharing. I am going to try these cookies.
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite low guilt treats is Frozen Wylders Blueberries dusted with some stevia and then cover with skim milk. It sort of makes a sweet frozen yogurt type substance, and does the trick for my sweet tooth.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    2 jaffa cakes 90 cals.

Stewed apple with a blob of fromage frais on top 70 cals

freeze a muller yoghurt 94 cals
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    chocolate chips.. just enough of a serving to help the sweet tooth! fudgesicles are good too.. 40 calories!
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Check out the recipe section of the topics. There are a lot of postings there for low cal/low sugar treats.
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Caramel Truffle Bar. completely satisfying, 100 cal. or a Yoplait Light, the boston cream pie flavor is yummy!! while i do love fruit and during the day it satisfies my sweet cravings, at night i love a rich treat. and i was quite surprised to find that skinny cows really are great, especially the truffle bars, very rich and creamy smooth.
  • Hily81
    Hily81 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!!! I'm happy to have lots of new ideas to try out.

I've had Skinny Cow items in the past before, so I'll have to try them again. And the frozen fruit topped with yogurt sounds good b/c it will kind of feel like eating ice-cream when I'm really not :)