What's your favourite way to exercise/work out?

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,035 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Running. Nothing else compares.
  • rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Swimming does it for me. Love to just do laps for a couple of hours, the isolation and repetitive nature allows me to free my mind to just free associate and the solutions to problems just pop into my head. If I cannot swim I'll walk 15 to 20 kms a day.

Dumbell routines for strength and some simple yoga stretches for flexibility.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    running and yoga
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Trail running and cycling.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like being outside, so hiking when I've a whole weekend free and running as part of my schedule. Don't care if it's raining, out I go! I get wet in the shower afterwards anyway so no problem. And I don't have hundreds of pounds for running gear, so cheap it is.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying running for it's cheapness(&limited commute) right now, but dancing would be my ideal. :)I am a ballet teacher and I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to the OP: Don't wait to sign up for ballet. Most of it can be modified, and few adult classes make you wear a leotard& tights. Unless you are saving it up as a reward, sign up for a progressive beginner class now, as enrollment should be starting soon for most studios. It's a ton of hard work- you'll really feel it.

Running is cheap?! :noway: :laugh:

I don't need a gym membership, I don't have to pay a class fee, and I don't *have* to pay for registration for races if I don't race. I need shoes anyway, and wear normal clothes. So, yeah, as exercise goes, it's cheap.

Edited to quote the correct post.

Sorry for having a sense of humour.... :huh:
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Crossfit and running. These have given me the fitness to hike, snowboard and take on the world and tackle anything. Yoga to unwind. Netball for social team sport
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Running.
    I do strength training and swimming as well and wish I liked those more. ;)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max:30.
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    love anything outdoor and HIIT workouts
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Deadlift till I'm dead
    Trailrunning
    Snowboarding
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Favs? Walking (outside, lonnnnggggg) walks and boxing. I'm working on trying to *like* strength/weight lifting more. I know it's good for me, but I still don't love it just yet.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy things. Rowing. Swimming. Cycling. I have run in the past, but I have come to terms with the fact that my strength is not running (achilles tendonitis and shin splint issues).
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hiking!!!
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, golf, swimming, kayaking.
    Currently on hiatus from all of them :( while I recover from surgery and gradually increase activity. Right now, long walks to get outside.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Lifting, running, and long dog walks :D I prefer doing the cardio outside if at all possible.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    swimming
    squash
    lifting
    walking - I do love walking in general - but working out wise, I prefer the above :)
    running - I like this more than I ever thought I would but I have to coerce myself into possibly beating a time or something to get myself doing it!
    :)
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Playing basketball with my husband. We play in our driveway so not only does he challenge me to play harder, I also enjoy being outside and getting some Vitamin D every day. I also enjoy the Xhit videos on Youtube for some strength training.