intermittent fasting

Options
So what has worked best for me, is my intermittent fasting plan. I fast for a 20hr period with a four hour window where I take in almost 100% of my caloric needs for the day. My daily need is between 3800-4000 calories. I am at a point now where I am pretty much maintaining weight while continuing to burn fat. My fat % GOAL is 9. Currently hovering around 12%. Totally sold on this intermittent fasting because its simple and easy. Please let me know if you have questions. I would be excited to share.
-Chris

Replies

• eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good job :)
  • CLBalderston
    CLBalderston Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nice! I've done various IF protocols for around 5 years now, and enjoy using it as part of my weight management plan.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    as has been pointed out in other threads to you, IF is not a magical tool...it is simply an eating schedule that can be used to lose, gain or maintain weight (based on calorie intake)...glad you enjoy it though.
  • seeing1111
    seeing1111 Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like IF too, good success with it but i find it a bit frustrating as i sometimes get full before I eat the daily requirement in the time window.... and I typically use an 8 hr eating period... how the heck do you manage to eat 4000 calories in just 4 hours, wow... It also can be difficult when your routine is shifted, like summer holidays or when you are in social situations - out for dinner with people etc
  • que_t_131
    que_t_131 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of intermittent fasting plan, but I have not seen any weight change. I am only eating 1200 calories per day and walking. I do notice some inch loss, but I guess I thought it would be more significant of a weight loss.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    que_t_131 wrote: »
    I am on day 7 of intermittent fasting plan, but I have not seen any weight change. I am only eating 1200 calories per day and walking. I do notice some inch loss, but I guess I thought it would be more significant of a weight loss.

IF does not make you lose weight - a calorie deficit does. are you weighing everything you eat to ensure you are eating 1200 calories?
  • StartsWithAnL
    StartsWithAnL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So what has worked best for me, is my intermittent fasting plan. I fast for a 20hr period with a four hour window where I take in almost 100% of my caloric needs for the day. My daily need is between 3800-4000 calories. I am at a point now where I am pretty much maintaining weight while continuing to burn fat. My fat % GOAL is 9. Currently hovering around 12%. Totally sold on this intermittent fasting because its simple and easy. Please let me know if you have questions. I would be excited to share.
    -Chris

I'm a little late to the party here...but I have a couple questions (and I realize they may seem silly);
    During the fasting - do you drink water?
    What about those no calorie sweetners added to water?

Every morning and every night I take vitamins with my medication - does that break the fast?
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    -Chris

I'm a little late to the party here...but I have a couple questions (and I realize they may seem silly);
    During the fasting - do you drink water?
    What about those no calorie sweetners added to water?

Every morning and every night I take vitamins with my medication - does that break the fast?

When in fasting mode you should have little to no calories. So people say if you do have something make sure it doesn't exceed 50 cals. Other than that water, green tea anything no calorie you can have